Saturday 31 March 2018

It Ends With Us Spoiler Free Review


It Ends with Us
It Ends With Us
by Colleen Hoover



Synopsis:

Sometimes it is the one who loves you who hurts you the most.

Lily hasn’t always had it easy, but that’s never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She’s come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up
— she graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily’s life suddenly seems almost too good to be true.

Ryle is assertive, stubborn, maybe even a little arrogant. He’s also sensitive, brilliant, and has a total soft spot for Lily. And the way he looks in scrubs certainly doesn’t hurt. Lily can’t get him out of her head. But Ryle’s complete aversion to relationships is disturbing. Even as Lily finds herself becoming the exception to his “no dating” rule, she can’t help but wonder what made him that way in the first place.


As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan — her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened. 

My Review:

I gave this book 5 stars.

The synopsis of this book is purposely vague and I think it’s better that way. I suggest if you plan on reading this book, don’t look for spoilers. Don’t read the last few pages of the book. Just go in knowing nothing and skip the rest of my review because I get into the subject matter of this book.

I spent the entire time reading this book trying to decide if I was going to write a review for it. I felt that I couldn’t properly convey what this book is through my own words, so instead, I’m going to keep it short.

This book covers a hard topic, something that’s often the topic of discussion: Domestic abuse. Why people, often women, stay in abusive relationships. This book isn’t a romance. It’s a life lesson. Showcasing how nothing is every black and white. Often staying in an abusive relationship is seen as being weak, but this showed how wrong that idea is. We judge them until we are them.

Allysa was probably one of the best characters in this book. I can’t even begin to express to you guys how vital she was to the protagonist. I think everyone needs and Allysa in their lives. I really do.

I’ve always gone back and forth between wanting to be an author and not wanting to be an author. After reading this book I know that I could never write something as impactful as this. So I think that answers my age-old question.

Disclaimer: you will cry.



1 comment:


  1. This is one of my favourite books simply because it was so beautifully written. One of a few books that have actually made me cry

    ReplyDelete