Friday 2 March 2018

Cracked Kingdom Review


Cracked Kingdom
by Erin Watt

Spoilers

Release Date: March 1st, 2018

Synopsis:


These Royals will ruin you.

Ever since Hartley Wright met Easton Royal, her life hasn’t been the same. There are enemies behind every corner and dangers beyond each door. When tragedy strikes and steals her memories, she can’t trust anyone, not even the blue-eyed boy who promises her that everything will be all right.

Because while Hartley’s memory is full of gaps, her instincts tell her Easton is dangerous. She doesn’t know if he’s the snake in the garden or her chance at salvation. The chaos he brings wherever he goes is too much to handle, the intense feelings he evokes are too confusing to unravel.

Easton wants her to remember. Hartley thinks it’s better to forget.

She might be right.

Tragedy. Treachery. Trust. Hartley has to face the facts—in this world, you can’t escape the Royals.


Either you live by their rules or you die by them. 

My Thoughts:


I gave this book 5 stars. I loved this installment infinity more than Fallen Heir. I felt like Fallen Heir was missing something, it felt really immature and something about it made me anxious. This novel, however, made me feel so much better because I felt like it held more depth than the first of Easton’s stories lacked.

Easton grew up so much in this book and I’m really proud of him. He spent the past 4 books being fun and reckless. Nice when he isn’t the main focus, but the moment he is you realize how much of a train wreck he truly is. We found out a lot about Easton in this book, like the suspicions that he was Steve’s son. My baby has grown up, he’s actually dealing with his emotions and not drinking a liquor store every-time he’s stressed! It’s like I’m a parent watching my kid go off to college.

I was initially reluctant to read this book right away because of how the last book ended off. However, I caved when I realized how much I missed these characters and their dramatic plot lines. I was very happy to see Felicity taken off her high horse, man, she pissed me off.

I loved that I got more of the twins in Easton’s books. I felt like I never really got to know them and bond with them in the first three books in this series, I just had to take Ella’s word for how great they were. It was nice that they had their own plotline going on. Also, very thankful that Lauren wasn’t really in this book because she also pissed me off pretty badly. A lot of characters pissed me off in this series, probably intentional which is why Erin Watt is so great at this writing thing.

I kind of love the idea of Dylan and the twins. I’m kind of hoping Elle and Jen change their minds about not writing any more books in the series. I won’t ask because I feel like they’re getting tired of saying no, but I have my fingers crossed that they change their minds in the future.


I’m so happy that this ended on a Royal wedding. Nothing could have been better to end off this fabulous series. The climax of the story was well worth it. I think it had the sort of ending that leaves nothing to be questioned. I don’t think that if Steve had lived that he ever would have left them alone. It just didn’t seem likely, so now we know that he can’t bother them again.

It's official, these Royals have ruined me.

No comments:

Post a Comment