Saturday 3 March 2018

February Wrap Up


I didn't read as much this month as I did last month, but it's still pretty good. In my defense, I got Sims 4 and my life will never be the same.

1. Lover Mine




I gave this book 5 stars. So this month I continued my binge read of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, so the next 4 books are on this list, so I'm gonna get through them pretty quickly. I loved John and Xhex.

2. Love Unleashed 




I gave this book 5 stars. Payne and Manny's book felt almost like a novella. I read it so quickly that it felt almost like a filler book, but a really good filler book. I loved Payne and Vhicious's reunion.

3. Defiant Attraction




I gave this book 4 stars. I read this one for the New Adult Book Club and I adored it. I would have loved some justice to have happened because there were some things that did feel very uncalled for and just unfair, but overall I really enjoyed it. Would recommend to NA lovers.

4. Lover Reborn




I gave this book 4 stars. Enjoyed, but not as good as it could have been. I feel like I expected so much more because I read some peoples reviews on this and they talked about how this was their favorite. There were several people who said that so I expected a lot more.

5. Finding Rhiannon




I gave this book 4 stars. If you like dark romances this is for you, just be warned there was a scene that literally made me sick to my stomach and other parts that I actually had to skip past.

6. Lover at Last




I gave this book 5 stars. I was basically just trying to get up to this book. I've been wanting to read this one since 7 or 8 books ago, but I knew I couldn't just read this one and not those ones because nothing would make sense, so I read the others and I'm glad I did. I decided to give myself a break from the binge after this book. I will finish the rest at a later date because I can only handle so much fantasy at once.

7. Olympian Challenger




I gave this book 4 stars. I'm so pumped for the sequel. I mean this book isn't going to be released until July, but I'm ready to wait.

8. Thorn



I gave this book 2 stars. That's actually being a bit generous, but I'll leave it. I was not impressed by this book at all. Letting my feelings for this book fester has left me hating it more as the time has passed. I'm still actually very interested in seeing what happens in the next book, but I definitely wouldn't recommend anyone pick this up.

9. The Big Bad Wolf




I gave this book 3 stars. I wrote a review for this one and I haven't posted it yet, but basically, my feelings were that I didn't think I would remember the plot of this in a week or two. The only reason I actually remember the plot is because I said that in my review.

10. Stolen Songbird




I gave this book around 4-4.5 stars. I really enjoyed this one. It's been a hot minute since I've actually read a physical book as I've been trying to get through my hefty list of ARCs before their release dates. Anyway, I got the sudden urge to read one of my books and this one felt perfect. I really enjoyed it and I'm really excited to read the sequel.

11. This Heart of Mine




I gave this book 4 stars. This one was very cute, lots of emotion good and bad, and I would recommend this to everyone who wants something truly heartfelt. Pun intended.

12. Our Dark Stars




I gave this book 4 stars. At the time I originally rated this one I was under the impression that there would be a sequel, but now I realize that there probably isn't and I made it up in my mind. After this realization, I decided I wanted more out of this book than I got. There needed to be more expanding of characters and setting, maybe even with the plot. It was a quick read, but I felt like everything stopped just a little bit short of what I would have expected.

What books did you guys read this month?

Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

2 comments:

  1. I gotta check out the Black Dagger Brotherhood series soon, I've had it on my TBR for ages now!

    Dude, The Sims is so addictive (I'm still on version 2, though)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Black Dagger Brotherhood will change your life! Also, the Sims has definitely changed mine.

    ReplyDelete