Tuesday 27 March 2018

Top 10 YA Contemporary Romances


I've read so many YA contemporary romances in my past that I had to make this list. I cheated a little bit with this one, but I make the rules so I'll let it slide. I also didn't include books that weren't primarily about the romance, so that is why you will not see I'll Give You the Sun on here, it's primarily about siblings.

10. The Catastrophic History of You and Me



The beginning of the story dragged a bit but the love story was so unbelievably epic that I couldn't even doc points for the beginning. I actually cried. Also, I don't actually understand what happened at the very end so if anyone understands what the hell that was please feel free to let me know.

9. Fangirl



My girl Cath and my boy Levi. A nerd's wet dream.

8. Perfect Chemistry



This one is a major throwback. It's everything you want from a YA contemporary. We have two lovers from different sides of the tracks, witty banter, and a hell of a plotline.

7. Dare You To



I've reread this book too many times to count. The series as a whole is good, but this is definitely my favorite of the series. Beth is the best character.

6. Lovely Vicious



This book actually goes by a whole new title now, Love Me Never, and it had all this work done so apparently it's a better book than it was before. However, I haven't read the updated version yet and this is still one of my favorite books to this day.

5. Sea of Tranquility



This book sort of borders between YA and NA, but I'm gonna count it because the characters are still in high school. This is an intense novel with so much shit going on. These characters never stood a chance and yet I think it has the most optimistic ending that would be possible.

4. Paper Princess



This is my latest obsession. The Royals series is one of my favorites ever. After reading all the books several times over I finally decided to buy physical copies.

3. Everything Everything



I didn't realize I could love a book this much. This was the first book since Jandy Nelson's two books that made me smile like a lunatic. 

2. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda



I just read this last year and it gave me so many feelings about this book. All of them good. I honestly had nothing bad to say about it and I'm so excited I'm going to see the movie today!


1. Hopeless



I've been reading so many Colleen Hoover books lately that it would feel wrong to not have this at number one. This is by far my favorite of her books even now after almost 6 years. It's full of hope and love and loss and I love that the author canonically exists in her own book. I am also aware that this pushes the boundaries between YA and NA, but once again they're in high school so I'm gonna count it. I am also aware that this isn't how it works but I'm gonna do it anyway.

What are some of your favorite YA Contemporary Romances?

Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment