Wednesday 17 May 2017

Top 5 Summer Reads

Well, most of these are contemporary books. I don't know what it is about contemporary, but they just scream summer to me. Today, these are in no particular order, they all bring out the summery feeling in my bones. I hope you guys enjoy!

1. Death by Bikini Mysteries



It's set on a private island where the characters are out in the sun all day. It would be hard not to associate this series with summer.

2. The Summer I Turned Pretty



It's in the title. It's a story about a group of characters and their summers at a beach house. Pretty self explanatory one.

3. The Secret of Ella and Micha



I read this book in the middle of summer a few years ago. The book also takes place during the characters's summer break.

4. I'll Give You the Sun



Honestly, I have no clue why I associate this one with summer. Maybe because it has sun in the name. Maybe it's because the book brightens up my emotions just as the summer does.

5. Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater



This one just reminds me of summer because I specifically remember nursing a really bad sunburn while reading it because I had spent the day lying on the beach without a care in the world.  Still an amazing book though, good for the summertime.


What books remind you guys of summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment