Saturday 20 May 2017

The Princess Saves Herself in This One Review

The Princess Saves Herself in this One

The Princess Saves Herself in This One
by Amanda Lovelace

Spoiler Free

Synopsis:


"Ah, life- the thing that happens to us while we're off somewhere else blowing on dandelions & wishing ourselves into the pages of our favorite fairy tales."


A poetry collection divided into four different parts: the princess, the damsel, the queen, & you. the princess, the damsel, & the queen piece together the life of the author in three stages, while you serves as a note to the reader & all of humankind. Explores life & all of its love, loss, grief, healing, empowerment, & inspirations. 

My Thoughts:

I gave this book 5 stars. This was something I needed desperately. Okay so calling parts of this poetry may be a bit of a stretch, but I loved what it was. It was a mix of poetry and a story and it was there to help empower women. Now I know a lot of people are angry because it was supposed to be poetry and they don't think this fits into that category. Maybe it doesn't, but that doesn't change the fact that I had an amazing experience reading this book.

Honestly, though, who's to say that this isn't poetry. Poetry is expressing yourself using the least amount of words possible. That is what she did. It's also expressing emotions and beauty through words. I also got that out of this book. Case closed. I'm not here to fight anyone on this, these are just my feelings on it.

I resonated deeply with the story being told in this book, and I think many people would too. This was the first poetry book I've actually read, that I can remember at least, and I can honestly say this makes me want to read more poetry. This collection of poems spoke to me in a way that most books don't. 

Now there isn't much to overanalyze about this book so this review remains short, but honestly, I think that's all it needs. I would 100% recommend this book.

Quotes:





No comments:

Post a Comment