Tuesday 2 May 2017

April Wrap Up and May TBR

Well, April wasn't as good as March, but honestly, March was a personal best and I don't expect that I'll come close to that for a while. I'm proud with what I did accomplish this month though.

1. Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman



I gave this book 5 stars. It was a classic retelling of Norse Myths and legend and I had such an amazing time reading it. It earned every single one of those stars.


2. By Your Side by Kasie West



I gave this book 4 stars. It was a cute contemporary read that I devoured in pretty much one sitting. I haven't had such a fun time reading a book without all the heartache and drama in so long. 


3. Descendants by Rae Else



I gave this book 2 stars. It had so much potential, but overall, it flopped. All I could think about during the book was "When will this end? I just want to read other things!" Pretty much the whole time.


4. Cole by Tijan



I gave this book 4 stars. I love romance novels. It wasn't the most fantastic thing that's ever blown my mind, but I did really enjoy it. It was dark and steamy and I loved the characters in this story. 


5. The Last Ever After by Soman Chainani



I gave this book 4 stars. It was better than the second, but didn't quite live up to the first book. It made me dislike some of the characters I used to like and I didn't care much for the direction it was going in. I still liked the story though.

6. Stepbrother Catfish by Izzy Sweet



I gave this book 4.5 stars. This actually started out as one of my guilty pleasure reads that I never actually mention on my blog, but I enjoyed it a lot. I mean, it's still kind of a guilty pleasure, but the writing was actually not bad. Not cheesy like a lot of smutty romances. It was refreshing.

7. The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye



I gave this book 5 stars. I didn't expect this book. It totally came out of left field and hit me. An amazing tale of love and loss and magic. 10 outta 10 would recommend.

8. Ten Birthdays by Kerry Wilkinson



I gave this book 4 stars. It was a lovely story. I loved how the main character was very concise. The moment she knew that something wasn't working she would change it to make it work, she didn't drag things out. Great character development.

9. 180 Seconds by Jessica Park



I gave this book 5 stars. I don't even know where to start with this one. It was a whirlwind. Despite it being a sad book I actually felt pretty happy while reading it. For the most part.


10. Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes



I gave this book 4.5 stars. This series is definitely improving by the book. Still not my favourite series in the conceivable universe, but I'm still liking it more.



11. The Garden of Small Beginnings by Abbi Waxman



I gave this book 4 stars. It was a cute little book that was actually very helpful. If I ever want to grow a vegetable garden I have all the information I need. The story itself was very heartfelt and I felt like I was growing right alongside the characters.


Now, onto my May TBR.

1. A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas


I figured I should include this since I've already finished it at this point, but it's still in May. Formality.

2. Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare


I don't know what these authors were thinking, releasing  two of my most anticipated reads of the year in one month. I can only hold so many feelings in my body at a time.

3. A Great and Terribly Beauty by Libba Bray


I've seen this around a lot so I figured I'd finally read it.

That's gonna be it for my TBR, I haven't really gauged what I feel liker reading other than these. I guess we'll see.

What books do you guys plan to read this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment