Wednesday 2 November 2016

Top 5 Misleading Synopsis'

Okay this is more of my perception of the book being different because of the synopsis. Like, I read the synopsis and I thought it was going to go one way but it went in an entirely different direction. I couldn't really think of bad synopsis' so this is what I'm going with.

5. Under Different Stars



This book was way more sci-fi than I thought it would be. I don't know, maybe it was the way it was described, but I thought Trey and Kricket were going to be two teens who met on earth and were for some reason stranded, Kricket liking it there and Trey hating it and wanting to get home and trying to get Kricket to go with. That is nothing like what happened.

4. Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake



From the synopsis I just sort of assumed that all of the girls were going to clever and conniving doing whatever it takes to get the thrown away from all the others. Sort of like a book starring three Cersei Lannisters. Now wouldn't that be a treat.

3. Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout



From reading the synopsis I thought that the world as a whole was going to be a very different thing than it was. This was just because my mind likes to play tricks on me and once I get an idea in my mind of what something will be like, there's no stopping it.

2. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout



I read the synopsis for the novel and in my mind I thought it was going to be a lot more lighthearted, I had a very Sally Marshall is Not an Alien feeling that went along with it.

1. The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski



I just went through the book thinking that it was going to be full of instalove and that the main character was going to be a spoiled princess. That was not what happened, not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment