Friday 25 November 2016

Pixar Book Tag

So I really wanted to post something, and then I thought, "I love Pixar movies, I should so a Pixar Book Tag." So I looked it up and, alas, we are here. The original post is from Chasing Faerytales, I will link the original post here.


This is a really hard question because I love Pixar movies so much. If I had to choose, it would probably be the Incredibles. Just because I still watch that movie every weekend on the dot. It helps me get my chores done. I love it to pieces.



Okay, Harry Potter is the obvious answer and because of that I am not going to choose it. Just for refreshment. So I will have to go with Inkheart. I still think about that book fondly, I mean, who wouldn't want their books to come alive. I would always read books if I could pull characters out. There are many people I would love to put into books too.



I know that it is pretty different, but Divergent just reminds me too much of the Hunger Games. People in a competition, trying to beat the others out to survive. They each live in their own little sections.



I have got a list of villains that I love, but I guess to appease the question, I'm going to have to go with Sebastian Morgenstern from the Mortal Instruments series. I loved him till the moment he died. He was just such a great character, way better than Valentine.


I guess the refreshment is over because I'm going with an old favourite of mine, I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson. I recommend this book to everyone who asks for book recommendations. I just think everyone should read it. The family in this book starts out broken. The two main characters are twins who don't even talk anymore. They don't even really talk to their father and their mother is dead. By the end of the book they are just in such a good place. They talk and have fun and enjoy being around each other again. It makes me so happy reading it.


This one is really hard. There are so many good books with super cool powers. I'm going to have to go with Nix from the Immortals After Dark series. She is my favourite character and she hasn't even had her own book yet. She's a soothsayer and has all kinds of other little tricks up her sleeve. So cool.



I couldn't think of one at first and then it hit me. The Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead. So they didn't really go anywhere interesting, but there were lots of car chases and drama, so that makes up for the sucky scenery.


I don't like the term sidekick. I'm going to go with best friend instead. My favourite friend has to be Kenji from Shatter Me. He's the one best friend that I have never even for a moment disliked. Okay that may be a bit of a stretch, but of the best friends I can think of right now, he is the best option. Love him.


I don't like that many dystopians, but I do really love some. For this I'm gonna have to go with the OG. The Hunger Games. Books one and two, not Mockingjay. Mockingjay can go choke.



Most beautiful romance I've ever read. My god this one has a lot of pressure on it. I'm going to go with Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. There is just something so timeless about it. Even at a young age I devoured this book despite it being huge. I resonated with the characters. Neither of the leads are really attractive, they relied on their personalities. They fell in love with each other and not their looks.

(Tessa and Will from The Infernal Devices was a close second. Wessa <3)


Now, there are so many strong brave main characters out there. All of my favourite characters are badasses in their own right. For this one I'm going to have to go with Hermione Granger. I know I said I wasn't going to use Harry Potter in this, but Hermione. Hermione showed us that you can still have feminine traits and be badass. She is the brightest witch of her age. She punched Draco in the face. Seconds before that she had him at wand point and he was quaking in fear. Hermione is scary and I respect the hell out of her.


A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas. There were times when I actually had to stop reading so I could try to absorb the book into my soul by crushing it against my chest. it was really weird, so let's not talk about this again.



I hope you guys enjoyed that. Feel free to do it, you're all tagged.

No comments:

Post a Comment