Sunday 19 June 2016

Top 10 Worst Book Covers

10. The Crown



One of my biggest cover pet peeves, is when the person on the cover is looking directly at you, or mainly when you can see the persons entire face. Like this whole frontal view. I hate it, that means I can't imagine the character the way I want to imagine them.

9. Soundless



This one is lower on the list because it had such potential, if it weren't for the cover model having her full face on the cover, I swear I would have loved it, but her face is just there and it makes me hate the cover.

8. The Perks of Being a Wallflower



Okay, I forgive this one a bit because I feel like the plain green cover may have been a statement like "Don't judge a book by it's cover" or something because of the story. But I swear that cover is hideous, it's not even a nice colour of green

7. Shatter Me original



I am so glad that they changed the cover for this one, I mean the original doesn't even make sense. It just has some chick on it wearing a fancy white dress, except she is locked in an asylum for a better part of the book, when does she ever have the chance to even where a fancy white dress? I don't understand. Plus, the whole full frontal view thing again.

6. Vampire Academy and Bloodlines



This is a two for one because I can't decide which series of covers I hate more. When they changed the Vampire Academy covers I was excited like "Oh my gods! They are going to come up with something actually worth while." But then I was very disappointed to discover that was not the case. Man, I didn't even want to buy the Bloodlines series at first because I hated the covers so much. I mean I did still buy them, but let's just say I don't have their covers facing out on my shelf.


5. Pretty Little Liars 



I don't know what it is about these books, but I honestly hate looking at them, they are like an eyesore. I got rid of those as quickly as I possibly could.

4. Throne of Glass original



These were all sorts of wrong. I mean the girl on the front is looking at me once again, and then there is the fact that she looks nothing like Celaena, she doesn't have the gold/blue eyes, and Celaena has like white blond hair. The girl on the cover is a brunette. I hate this cover so much.

3. Days of Blood and Starlight



Okay, at first I really liked the cover of this book, It just looks so cool, but with further inspection, I notice that the girl on the cover had these noticeable grey veins in her eyes and it grossed me out. Anyway overtime I look at the cover now, all I see is those gross grey veiny eyes.



2. The Winner's Curse remake



You guys know how much I hate the new covers. Seriously worst thing ever, I went on a huge rant about this in my review, so I won't rehash everything I went over, but if you want you can go check out my review here.

1. Lola and the Boy Next Door original



This cover is just so creepy. I mean who okayed this? Where they drunk? Where they on drugs? I hate it so much, I am so glad that they changed the cover because I never would have even read the first book if they kept this cover. Just look at it for a bit and feel a little bit of your soul shrivel and die.

No comments:

Post a Comment