Thursday 23 June 2016

Forbidden Men Series Review

Price of a Kiss (Forbidden Men, #1)
Okay, I figured I would break this one into parts. I don't want to go into too much depth on each book, so this review is spoiler free. I also figured I would do the entire series because I binged all of the books in a 3-4 days. I am a go getter.

1. Price of a Kiss
Linda Kage
I gave this book 4 stars. This book is about a girl who just came from a terrible relationship that she is trying to hide from, and a guy who is, to be blunt, a gigolo. I love Mason and I love Reese and together they are so amazing, the romance was steamy and their friendship was beautiful. What I loved about this book was the fact that it wasn't all about the romance, I wasn't waiting for all the other stuff to pass while i waited for the romance parts. I was completely content reading about their daily activities and their friendships and they hardships. There is something completely addicting about Linda Kage's writing.



2. To Professor, With Love
Linda Kage


I gave this book 3.5 stars. The whole story is about a student and a teacher falling in love and to me that is pretty risqué no matter how often it's used. It makes me nervous every time I read something like that. You know that at some point in the book they are going to get caught. It's what the story builds up to. This was another unforgettable story, very steamy, very real.



3. Be My Hero
Linda Kage

I gave this book 4 stars. Right from the start it is established that Eva is Pick's soul mate. Eva just came from a shallow relationship and she is left with a little present from that time. Pick is, I don't really know how to describe Pick. Pick is a good guy with a bad reputation. From the earlier books it seems that Eva is just some party girl, but in this book she is given more depth than before. What I loved about this book is that it started to bring more and more characters from the different books in this series together. I so want to be in their friend group.



4. With Every Heartbeat
Linda Kage
I gave this book 4 stars. At the start of the book I was surprised to see that Zoey was very similar to Quinn. Usually books use the whole "Opposites attract" trope. That was not the case in this book and I thought I may like it less because of this change in scenery. I was actually pleasantly surprised by what happened. I loved this book, may be one of my favourites in the series. This one was the longest in the series and it took me longer than the others to read. It was a beautiful romance and I really respect the main character.



5. A Perfect Ten
Linda Kage

I gave this book 5 stars. I don't know what it is about Ten, but this was the story I had been waiting for since I met him in the second book. There was something about him that I still can't quite pick out. He seems to be this loudmouth asshole and most books where the guy is a loudmouth asshole he doesn't really have the depth with Ten does. I love Ten. I love Caroline. And I loved the whole falling for the brothers best friend thing. I was very pissed off at Noel in this book though. I won't say much more than that.



6. Worth It
Linda Kage


I gave this book 3 stars. I don't know exactly what I was expecting when reading this book, but it didn't quite meet up to my expectations. I love the characters and all, but I didn't care for much else. I needed to read it though, it enhances my over all experience of this series. I also think that Linda Kage is my spirit animal, I mean in the first book she talks about Harry Potter and in this book Knox's middle name is Arrow, as in Green Arrow, and his love interest's name is Felicity. Someone was watching Arrow when she decided to write this. :)



7. The Girl's Got a Secret
Linda Kage

I gave this book 4 stars. This was actually the very first book in the series I read because I didn't know it was in a series until I checked and realized it was number 7 and then I knew who all the characters were and I had tor had the rest of the books. This book is about a girl who tries out for a band and when they reject her for being a girl, she dresses up as a guy and blows their minds and then she has this whole secret. I like to compare it to "She's the Man" except less cringey and less second hand embarrassment. I loved the main character and it made me really want to learn Spanish. I feel like it would be a good thing to know



8. Priceless
Linda Kage


I gave this book 4 stars. I was so happy to read a book about Sarah, I feel like people think that just because you have a disability that you shouldn't be able to do things that are "normal." This book is about a girl with Cerebral Palsy, and her best friend Brandt who is insanely protective of her and is completely in love with her and her him. I also loved that it gave us grown up Colton because I'm pretty sure he is Ten's mini me and I am so ready for his book because it's being written.



No comments:

Post a Comment