Thursday 2 November 2017

October Wrap Up


Not having a TBR during October really helped me not stress over what I had to read, so I think I'm going to skip doing a TBR again this month and see where that goes. I read a lot of books this month, 14 in total.

1. Hideaway by Penelope Douglas




I gave this book 5 stars. I loved this book so much that in the month of October I actually read it three times. There are no words to describe how much I loved this sequel.

2. Black Snow by Lena North




I gave this book 3 stars. This was the fourth book in a series and I have to say that compared to the other three books in this series I'm pretty disappointed. It didn't live up to the last three books which I loved.

3. The Girl Who Saved Ghosts




I gave this book 4 stars. I'm liking this story more and more as we go along. It has a thick plot, lovable characters, and a well written slow burn romance (hopefully).

4. Adrenaline by Penelope Douglas




I gave this book 3.5 stars. This one was pretty good because it's Penelope Douglas, but it was really a shell of a book full of deleted scenes and scripted speech so it really wasn't a novel, so 3.5 is the best I could give it.

5. Next to Never by Penelope Douglas




I gave this book 5 stars. Now this one earned it's five stars. This was just the month that I fell back in love with Penelope Douglas's writing. This is seemingly marketed as a story about Quinn, and while Quinn is the protagonist, it's actually the Katherine and Jason story we all wanted. I was so invested in this I never wanted to stop. Unlike Hideaway, I only read it once this one.

6. Dark Mafia Prince by Annika Martin




I gave this book 4 stars. After reading all that Penelope Douglas I was in the mood for more dark romances and this was the one I set my sights on. It wasn't amazing, but it was entertaining and kept me on the edge of my seat.

7. I Hate Everyone But You




I gave this book 4 stars. This just reminded me of some of my past friendships and I couldn't help but relate. This is the friendship that everyone needs in their life and the authors do an amazing job at making the characters down to earth.

8. Savage Mafia Prince




I gave this book 4 stars. This is technically the third book in the series, but each of the books in the series is about different people so I can totally read them out of order.

9. Because You Love to Hate Me




I gave this book 4 stars. This anthology was filled with thirteen stories that were either hit or miss. They were mostly hits earning this book a 4-star average from me. I would definitely recommend reading it. I also have a giveaway going on for a hardcover copy of it on my blog if you are interested. You can enter here.

10. The Silver Mask




I gave this book 4 stars. These past two books were a bit disappointing compared to the first two books in the series. I loved the first two so much and it's just felt like a step down from that. I still really enjoyed this book though and I can't wait to read the Finale next year.

11. Adventures in Farland




I gave this book 2.5 stars. I was sent this book for review and I have to say it just isn't for me. It's for a very young audience and I just felt that I couldn't get my mind on the right level to enjoy it.

12. Offsetting Penalties




I gave this book 4 stars. This book was really cute. It was a bit short and had some things I would have loved to have been resolved, but it was still worth a read.

13. Wicked Mafia Prince




I gave this book 3.5 stars. I didn't enjoy this novel as much as the other two, but that may just be because I didn't read it right after finishing the others, I waited a bit so I could finish other books. My bad.

14. Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas




I gave this book 5 stars. After waiting on this for two months I finally read it and I have to say, wow. I have a review coming of this soon so I won't say much, but I will say I didn't expect to actually enjoy this one that much, but I did.

What books did you guys read this month?


Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment