Tuesday 21 November 2017

Top 10 of My Recent Favorite Things


I feel like I've been a bit talked out with the book lists lately, so I figured I would do something that would be a bit like a get to know me sort of thing. So this week I decided to just do a list of some things I have been absolutely loving lately, other than books, like tv shows, movies, makeup, et cetera.

1. Stranger Things 2




It took me forever to finally watch this, I was going to binge it on Halloween but I ended up having to work and didn't get around to it until this past Saturday. Needless to say, I was hooked. I was a bit worried about it not being as good as the first season since I absolutely loved the first season, but I can honestly say that the two are tied.  I have so many emotions on this show that I may end up doing a review for it. I don't know yet.


2. Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation




Something you probably don't know about me is that I am a makeup junkie. I spent as much of my money on makeup as I do on books. I recently tried the Teint Idole Foundation and I just loved everything about it. It leaves your skin looking flawless while feeling sheer and leaving you with a natural finish. It's a bit pricey, but it's worth it in my opinion.

3. Thor: Ragnarok




I had low expectations for this one, I don't really know why I just wasn't anticipating it all that much. I really only saw it in theaters because my friend asked me to go with her so I did. This was probably one of the best movies I have seen this year. Albeit, I haven't actually watched that many movies this year, it was still one of the best. This movie was so fucking funny and I may have to write a review for this one also.

4. Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick (Personal Fave: Stepping Out)




This stuff doesn't leave a sticky residue, you can barely feel it on your lips, it's incredibly pigmented, and it stays on forever. This stuff is actual magic and if you like lipstick at all you should definitely have some of these in your collection.

5. Serial Killer/Unsolved Mysteries Documentaries




I'm obsessed? I don't know what it is about these documentaries, but you just get so much information and a story and everything is real, this is stuff that has happened which makes it all the more fascinating. I watch a lot of youtube videos on these on channels like Vintage Files and Buzzfeed Unsolved. I've also seen some really good actual films like the Amanda Knox documentary which is on Netflix and another good one was Casting Jonbennet. It's addicting.

6. Tea Tree Oil




I've always had really bad texture on my skin and I really didn't think anything was going to help it. I used this stuff for two weeks and my skin is so smooth. It's like I have a new face. The beauty bloggers aren't lying, tea tree oil saves lives unless you're allergic, then you definitely shouldn't use it.

7. Friends




This is actually an all time favorite but I'm in the middle of my fifth or sixth watch of the show and I can't seem to watch anything else.

8. Presidents Choice Mango Ice Cream




My favorite ice cream, it's just so delicious. It's creamy but has mango swirls which add a little bit of sourness to it. It's an A+. It tastes how happy feels.

9. The Pretender by Foo Fighters




This is the best song to rock out to when no one else is around. You have to blast it and sing along and headbang. That's what this song is meant for. I love my Dave Grohl.


10. The Killers




I've recently developed an obsession with this band. They just released a new album a couple of months ago and their songs old and new have taken over my life force. New favorite band.

What are some of your favorite things that are unrelated to books?

Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment