Saturday 16 July 2016

The Power Book Talk

The Power (Titan, #2)
The Power
by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Release Date: February 23rd, 2016

Spoiler Alert

Synopsis:


With any great change, there is always strife, and the Covenant University has become the frontline between pure-bloods who want the Breed Order reinstated and the half-bloods who want the right to control their own destinies.

Fate has other plans.

 The violence is escalating and war between the races seems inevitable, and it couldn’t come at a worse time. Hyperion may be out of commission, but Josie and Seth know they have only earned a reprieve.  Seth must get Josie fully prepared, which means controlling her newfound abilities, and they need to find the other demigods before the Titans do.

But the gods are sensing a greater threat. 

Only one thing is more dangerous than a bunch of starved Titans, and that’s an out-of-control Apollyon. The aether in Josie is drawing Seth in deeper, and when lust mixes with love and gives way to power, he knows being close to her is not only dangerous to her, but to everyone around them, but letting her go requires a level of selflessness that just isn’t Seth’s style.

The paths taken in the past are becoming the roads of the future.

Just as chaos breaks out, familiar faces from the past return, complicating the already strained bond between Josie and Seth, and when the danger from the Titans erupts with devastating consequences, the dark allure of power calls to Seth again, but this time Josie might not be able to pull him back.


 And when the struggle between power and love becomes the deadliest battleground, there may be no salvation.

My Thoughts:

I gave this book 4.5 stars. I loved this so much, it was sexy and heart wrenching and there were loads of reunions. I was so excited to see Alex and Aiden again. I was not disappointed.



I had a few issues with this book, and the series in general. They weren't overly big, just a bit smaller things. In the first book, they talk about how the big 12 had sex with mortals to have some demigods and stuff, and they talk about how Artemis has a child. Artemis is the virgin goddess. She wouldn't have kids because she wouldn't have sex. It's what she's all about, that just kind of bothered me whenever they would talk about her child. 



When Seth did the whole soul suck thing, and then he didn't tell Josie and then just broke up with her, I was so pissed. He should have just told her what was going on from the beginning. He wasn't letting her make the choice herself. He made it for her. I was so mad at Seth but at the same time I couldn't be mad at him long because I love him, he is my baby.



Josie just seemed so lonely, throughout the book, I just wanted Erin to come back so that Josie wouldn't be so lonely and have a close friend there with her. She needed someone to be there for her since Seth had broken up with her. 



I love the fact that Hercules was in this book. There are so many different variations of Hercules in different retellings from the Disney movie Hercules to Hercules from Percy Jackson (he was not actually in Percy Jackson, he was mentioned though, pretty important to the backstory of a certain character.) I kind of just wanted someone to just punch him in this book, he was so annoying. 



Now on to the search. Holy shit, the searching for the other demigods was so exciting, I can't wait to read more in the next book because the search has got to be one of my favourites. So in this book, the first demigod we find is the son of Poseidon, when we finally met him, I don't know I think I was expecting Percy Jackson, but this guy wasn't really even close to Percy Jackson, I don't know why, but that surprised me. It shouldn't have, but it did. 



The final showdown between Atlas and and the gang was so epic. I knew something was going to happen, something big, there just weren't enough pages left in the book to be dragged on any longer. I didn't know what I was expecting, but I was happily surprised. Seth had somehow unlocked these majestic Godkiller powers and killed Atlas, a fricken titan. They don't need the rest of those demigods, they just need Seth.



I have a theory, the reason that they need the 6 demigods is because since Seth is the Godkiller and he did that thing where he basically drained the energy and power from everyone around him, Demigods have a shit ton of energy and power, more than usual, so he just needs them all around so he can beat the rest of the titans. That's my theory.



When I was about half way through the book, I thought I had the whole ending figured out, I thought something was going to happen there would be a huge fight between an outside force and then Josie would get kidnapped and then they would all be like, "Oh we have to find and save Josie." and then they end the book where they start off their quest looking for her. It ended up being the complete opposite of that. At the end of the book, Seth, loses his marbles, sleeps with Josie one last time and then takes off. 



Oh my gods, when Josie and Seth hooked up for the first time I was so happy, all I ever wanted was for them to be together and to be happy. That was definitely a part that had me hooked. 

Quotes: 

“I see you all know who I am,” Hercules said. “Not that I’d expect anything else. After all, I am the Hercules.”
My brow rose.
Seth snorted.
“Hercules is a dick.” Apollo stated.”

“How could I be everything to you when you broke my heart?” 

“Bigotry is literally the Twinkie of human emotions. Shit will survive the apocalypse.”

“You don't apologize,” Deacon said, pressing a kiss to my greasy head, unlocking best friend status.”

No comments:

Post a Comment