Saturday 10 December 2016

Wilder Review

Wilder (Birds of a Feather #1)
Wilder
by Lena North

Release Date: December 14th, 2016

Spoiler Free!

Synopsis:


Wilder’s wonderful grandfather is dead, and so is her mother, but Grandpa Willy gives her one final gift in his will – the knowledge that her father is only her step-father.

Once she meets Hawker, the scary man who turns out to be her real dad, her life takes an unexpected turn. She finds out about a heritage she never knew she had, and secrets from the past are uncovered as she fights to save her part of the world from destruction.


And then there’s Mac, with his green eyes and a soft voice that flows through her like sweet honey. He’s there to help Wilder as she struggles with how to fit into the group of people around her dad, and with every bad thing that happens it becomes more important to have Mac in her life .

My Thoughts:

I gave this book 4.5 stars. It was an amazing read and I'm glad I got to read it when I did. I was provided an arc from NetGalley. It was a quick and easy read.



One of the things I loved most about this book was the strong friendship the main character had with her friends. All of them. I love when a character has strong bonds with people other than love interests.



At first I was not overly attached to the main character, she seemed fine enough despite doing some things that were a bit rude, but she quickly grew on me. What I love most about her is her name. Wilder. It's unique and just really fits her.



The paranormal elements that came into play during the story were well done and I was enraptured by it all. It was interesting to say the least. I read this book in one day. I couldn't seem to put it down because I just wanted to know what would happen next. 



I liked that the story did not take place in just one spot. It moved around to several places keeping the feel of the story refreshing and not claustrophobic and suppressed.



I really liked Mac. He has his moments and I think he is one of my favourite characters from the book. This book came with a wide variety of characters. Most of them I liked.



The plot wasn't completely fast-paced, but it wasn't slow. It was at a good medium. Enough to keep me reading on to find out what would happen next and slow enough to help me absorb the content of the book. It was perfect.



I would recommend this book to lovers of paranormal romance and urban fantasy. It was a fun and wild ride and I can't wait to read the rest of this series and the prequel series that I didn't know existed. Sadly, since this is an arc I can't add any quotes to this one. You'l just have to trust me when I say the book is really good.


Please do buy the book! It's really good and only 4 dollars American on Amazon!

I hope you enjoyed my review! 

No comments:

Post a Comment