Tuesday 27 December 2016

Top 10 Ships of 2016

If you don't know what a ship is, it's just two characters you want to be in a relationship.

Also, be aware that this is pretty much just a list of spoilers, so be careful.

10. Josie and Seth




“I had to prove that what he believed wasn't true. Prove that he was the total of everything he had done and not the dark things he was ashamed of, and I would do so because I loved him and accepted him for who he was, for all his faults. That was what love meant. Love fostered courage.” 


“There’s something I need to know, okay?”
I lifted my chin, grinning slight. “Yes, you’re a sexy beast.”
“I know that already,” he said dryly. “But that’s not what I’m asking.”


“I brushed my lips against her cheek and then again lower, on her neck, over the faded tag the daimon had given her outside St. Louis. Then I spoke the three truest words I'd ever spoken and the three words I didn't deserve to utter, to give air, but I said them.

I love you.” 


9. Levi and Tamara




“Her body was his body. His body was hers. He saw himself through her eyes—older, bigger, beautiful to her in that strange way girls found men beautiful, and knowing things she wanted to know. She envied him his freedom, that he was a man and could do anything he wanted to anyone he wanted, while she had to marry him to escape the prison of her life and the prison of the world’s expectations.”


“He’d learned a long time ago that when the woman in his life was behaving strangely, his best bet was to take his clothes off.” 




8. Gideon and Gwen





“He took a hairpin out of my untidy hair (by now my complicated arrangement of ringlets must have looked as if a couple of birds had been nesting there); he took a strand of it and wound it around his finger. With his other hand he began stroking my face, and then he bent down and kissed me again, this time very cautiously. I closed my eyes - and the same thing happened as before: my brain suffered that delicious break in transmission.” 


"We should collect our things," Gideon finally said. And you should do something urgent with your hair; It seems as if some idiot had started to stir in them with both hands and then I would have thrown you on a sofa ... Whoever is waiting for us will know that two and two are four ... Oh, by God, do not look at me like that.
-How?
"As if you could not move."
"I can not," I said seriously. I'm a pudding. You have transformed me into a pudding. "



"I'd rather kiss you all the time instead of despising you," he said after a moment. “But somehow you do not make it easy either.”

7. Day and June





“What a joke! Poor little rich girl's fallen in love with the Republic's most famous criminal.” 


“I don't know if anyone's ever told you this", he begins. He doesn't blush, and his eyes don't dart away. Instead I find myself staring into a pair of oceans - one perfect, the other blemished by that tiny ripple. "You're very attractive."
I've been complimented on my appearance before. But never in his tone of voice. Of all the things he's said, I don't know why this catches me off guard. But it startles me so much that without thinking I blurt out, "I could say the same about you." I pause. "In case you didn't know."
A slow grin spreads across his face. "Oh, trust me. I know.” 


“June has never looked more beautiful than she does now, unadorned and honest, vulnerable yet invincible.” 




6. Ten and Caroline





“I was supposed to go with you, wherever you went. We’re a team. You told me once that I had to have a place. Well, I finally figured out where it is. It’s with you.” 



“How can I help you through this? What can I do to ease your pain, because I swear to God, I’ll do anything.”
Absolutely anything.
She set her hand on her heart and looked up at me, her eyes filled with so much emotion, I swear, some of it overflowed, spilling into me. “Just love me,” she whispered.
“I do,” I promised.” 


“So, how’s Tenoline these days?” He arched a curious brow my way. “Or do you guys go by Caroten? I wasn’t sure exactly how you were shipping it.” 
I snorted and rolled my eyes. “It’s Oreline, motherfucker.” 


“I hugged her tighter to me. “You’re seriously breaking all my rules. You know that, right?”

Her smile just grew. “I’m beginning to get a clue.” 

5. Emma and Julian




“We are bound together, Emma, bound together—I breathe when you breathe, I bleed when you bleed, I’m yours and you’re mine, you’ve always been mine, and I have always, always belonged to you!” 


“I love you, Julian Blackthorn. I love you more than starlight.” 


“She soared above the ground, and he kept her tethered to the earth. Without him she would be lost among the clouds.” 


“How long have you been drawing me?”
He sighted. A moment later his hand came to rest in her hair. His fingers twined in the strands. “My whole life.” 



“Why all these paintings of you? Because I'm an artist, Emma. These pictures are my heart. And if my heart was a canvas, every square inch of it would be painted over with you.” 

4. Rowan and Aelin




“Their hands clasped between them, he whispered into her ear, "I claim you, too, Aelin Galathynius.” 



“I missed you,” he said quietly, his gaze darting between her mouth and eyes. “When I was in Wendlyn. I lied when I said I didn’t. From the moment you left, I missed you so much I went out of my mind. I was glad for the excuse to track Lorcan here, just to see you again. And tonight, when he had that knife at your throat …” The warmth of his callused finger bloomed through her as he traced a pathover the cut on her neck. “I kept thinking about how you might never know that I missed you with only an ocean between us. But if it was death separating us … I would find you. I don’t care how many rules it would break. Even if I had to get all three keys myself and open a gate, I would find you again. Always.” 



“It was a long story, and sometimes she grew quiet and cried - and during those times he leaned over to wipe away her tears.” 


“Aelin took a step forward. 
One step, as if in a daze.
She loosed a shuddering breath, and a small, whimpering noise came out of her - a sob. 
And then she was sprinting down the alley, flying as though the winds themselves pushed at her heels.
She flung herself on the male, crashing into him hard enough that anyone else might have gone rocking back into the stone wall. 
But the male grabbed her to him, his massive arms wrapping around her tightly and lifting her up. Nesryn made to approach, but Aedion stopped her with a hand on her arm.
Aelin was laughing as she cried, and the male was just holding her, his hooded head buried in her neck. As if he were breathing her in.
"Who is that?" Nesryn asked.
Aedion smiled. "Rowan.”



3. Lake and Kieran





“Tell me, what are your intentions with my granddaughter. She’s never had a boyfriend, you know.”
“Yes, ma’am. I am aware.”
“And did you have anything to do with that?”
The corner of his mouth lifted in a half grin. “I might have.”
“Why?”
“Because she’s mine.” 



“I’m a hopeless fuck who is obsessed with a girl he still wants to hurt.” 



“I hated her with everything I had because it was the only emotion I had to give. I realized, even then, I was giving her everything.
She was the bane of my existence, and at the very same, the reason I cared to exist.” 



“You were born among monsters,” she lifted my face when I hid in her shoulder, “but you were not meant to walk with them.” 




“How would I ever be able to fix my broken love when he was still afraid of the dark?” 


2. Ronan and Adam





“Adam finally sat down on one of the pews. Laying his cheek against the smooth back of it, he looked at Ronan. Strangely enough, Ronan belonged here, too, just as he had at the Barns. This noisy, lush religion had created him just as much as his father's world of dreams; it seemed impossible for all of Ronan to exist in one person. Adam was beginning to realize that he hadn't known Ronan at all. Or rather, he had known part of him and assumed it was all of him.
The scent of Cabeswater, all trees after rain, drifted past Adam, and he realized that while he'd been looking at Ronan, Ronan had been looking at him.” 



“Making Ronan Lynch smile felt as charged as making a bargain with Cabeswater. These were not forces to play with.” 


“Adam lived in an apartment located above the office of St. Agnes Catholic Church, a fortuitous combination that focused most of the objects of Ronan's worship into one downtown block.” 


“The choice was death or hurting Adam, which wasn’t much of a choice at all.” 



When he opened his eyes, he saw that Ronan was looking at him, as he had been looking at him for months. Adam looked back, as he had been looking back for months.”

1. Feyre and Rhysand




“I fell in love with you, smartass, because you were one of us—because you weren’t afraid of me, and you decided to end your spectacular victory by throwing that piece of bone at Amarantha like a javelin. I felt Cassian’s spirit beside me in that moment, and could have sworn I heard him say, ‘If you don’t marry her, you stupid prick, I will.” 



“If you were going to die, I was going to die with you. I couldn’t stop thinking it over and over as you screamed, as I tried to kill her: you were my mate, my mate, my mate.” 


“And I wondered if love was too weak a word for what he felt, what he’d done for me. For what I felt for him.” 


“So I’m your huntress and thief?” His hands slid down to cup the backs of my knees as he said with a roguish grin, “You are my salvation, Feyre.” 


“Say it,” I gritted out.

“The High Lord of the Night Court is your mate.”


Bonus: Pen Alcott and Queen Kelsea




Well I hope you all had fun with that.
Who were some of the characters you guys shipped this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment