Saturday 13 March 2021

Books for Ravenclaws



If I wasn't a Gryffindor I would for sure be a Ravenclaw. I love learning and I love books. I hope I did a good job on this list and I hope you Ravenclaws out there enjoy these recommendations!


The Martian


“I can't wait till I have grandchildren. When I was younger, I had to walk to the rim of a crater. Uphill! In an EVA suit! On Mars, ya little shit! Ya hear me? Mars!”

This is probably the most obvious book on this list. This is a book about the fictional first trip to Mars. This book is so clever, so funny, and just full of interesting information about the logistics of traveling to Mars and surviving on Mars. It was just such a good book even for those that aren't very into science.


And Then There Were None


“Crime is terribly revealing. Try and vary your methods as you will, your tastes, your habits, your attitude of mind, and your soul is revealed by your actions.”


Agatha Christie is the queen of the whodunit mystery novel. This book takes you down several different possibilities and as it goes on you are left wondering more and more who is committing the murders. It's just a really great book. Really makes you think. If you want to try and solve the mystery this is a great one.


Stalking Jack the Ripper


“I was determined to be both pretty and fierce, as Mother had said I could be. Just because I was interested in a man’s job didn’t mean I had to give up being girly. Who defined those roles anyhow?”


Another mystery novel. I just can't help myself. This was just one of my favourite books. You have a great mystery to solve, but along with that you also have a main character who is learning about mortuary science. It's a very enriching book. 


My Heart and Other Black Holes


“Sometimes I wonder if my heart is like a black hole--it's so dense that there's no room for light, but that doesn't mean it can't still suck me in.”

This is a contemporary novel about a suicidal teenage girl who loves Physics. That's where the title comes in. This book is smart in more ways than one. Sure we have the physics aspect, but also the emotional aspect. This is an incredibly clever novel and one I really need to reread.

What books would you guys put on this list?


Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment