Thursday 4 March 2021

Books for Gryffindors


I know several people have done this before and I just wanted to add in my own two cents. I have to say, I think my choices are pretty good. I am a Gryffindor so I chose to start with this one, but I do plan on doing a post for all of the houses. So stay tuned for the others.


A Promise of Fire



This series was so fun to read. It was exciting from the very first chapter. It's packed full of action, humour, and romance. It's a trifecta. It's just *chefs kiss*. Go in not knowing too much, I can almost guarantee you will love it.


The Shining



Since we are Gryffindors, we do things that scare us for the thrills. Such as reading the Shining in the middle of the night with a flashlight. I say this from experience. That is the best way to read this book. 


Beowulf



This is the epitome of bravery. If bravery were a text it would be Beowulf. This is an exciting adventure from start to finish. If you want some classic action, definitely give this one a read. I would recommend the R. M. Liuzza translated edition. It's a really easy translation to understand when I've had to look at two different translations for school and this one was much easier to understand.


The Outsiders



This book was all about overcoming prejudice and being brave. There's a lot of action, and while I almost put this in Hufflepuff because this book was full of heart, I just felt like it had its place in Gryffindor.

What books would you guys put on this list?


Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment