Friday 9 February 2018

January Wrap Up


I am very late with this one. In my defense, I had a lot of books I had to come up with something to say about and I couldn't always think of something.

1. Burn Before Reading 





I gave this book 3 stars. While this book as okay, it didn’t live up to my previous standards for Sara Wolf books. I love her writing style and generally the characters she writes, but this one just missed the mark for me.

2. #Nerd 





I gave this book 4 stars. This was one of those books that were better than most, but still didn’t completely have me. As much as ai enjoyed it, it didn’t have my love.

3. Undeclared 





I gave this book 3 stars. I love the Royals series that Jen Frederick writes with Elle Kennedy, yet I had never read any of her solo work until this moment. This book was okay, but once again, it just didn’t live up to the Royals series.

4. Smitten 





I gave this book 3 stars. This was cute and smutty. It took me a bit to get through this as it wasn’t the best and not very high priority, but still an enjoyable pastime.

5. Lover Enshrined 





I gave this book 5 stars. I had started this book almost a year ago, maybe it was a year ago, but I just never finished it because I wasn’t that interested in reading Phury’s story. However, I got the sudden desire to finally continue on in this series so I read this book and it was so good! I love Phury and Cormia! They have so much chemistry, I just didn’t expect it at all.

6. Tamsin 





I gave this book 3.5 stars. I feel very conflicted about this one. I could honestly write a novel on how conflicted I feel about it, but I won’t because I have a review for this book already. No need for more word vomit.

7. Stolen 





I gave this book 3 stars. I almost didn’t read this book because of how much I hated the final book in the original trilogy. However, I decided to give this a go because I was hoping so much that it would be better. I liked how we got to see Clare and Shephard and the healing process after what happened. I also loved the extension of the world and we got to see more of Shepherd’s plot play out. I wasn’t the biggest fan of the main storyline however, it felt a bit off at times and I wasn’t really comfortable with them.

8. #Junkie 




I gave this book 4 stars. My one gripe about this book is that I wish the story could have been condensed into one book. My whole issue with this and #Nerd is that I wish it was more of a one book per couple sort of thing. I tend to not like NA romances to be drawn out for more than one book, it’s really a personal preference.

9. A Penny Lost 




I gave this book 4.25 stars. Time travel books are my guilty pleasure. This one definitely fed my desire to read more time travel books. I can’t wait to continue on in the series and see where our characters head to next.

10. Wingless 




I gave this book 3 stars. I wasn’t entirely impressed by this book, but it did have lots of potential to be a great series.

11. Love Between Enemies 





I gave this book 2 stars. It just boggles my mind that people read this book and thought that it was cute. This book pissed me off and the more I think about it the more I actually want to take away a star. I won’t because I don’t feel like going back and changing all my reviews that I’ve already posted, but that doesn’t change the fact that this book wasn’t good. 

12. Pretty Dead Girls 





I gave this book 5 stars. I loved this book. I don’t know where, to begin with, this book. I didn’t think I would like it but I really did. The author really pulled out all the stops on this one.

13. Wolfsong 





I gave this book 5 stars. Hands down the best book I read this month. I won’t even try to explain to you why this book is so great or even tell you what it’s about. You should just go in blind and know that this book is one of the best I’ve ever read.

14. Him 





I gave this book 3.5 stars. This one was a lot better than the first. I’m actually pretty excited to read the next book in this series to see how it can top this one. This series is definitely on a rise. My one major gripe is that it’s so short. I honestly wish the author would just write one longer novel rather than these short novellas.

15. 1984 





I gave this book 3 stars. Had to read this for a class. Everyone else seemed to love it and I just can’t seem to get into it. I get the important message, but much like Lord of the Flies, it felt a bit dry to me. It was mostly the protagonist doing things that made me feel gross.

16. Double-Exposition 





I gave this book 3 stars. I wanted to love this book so much, but it really just came up short. I didn’t really like the couple all that much. It was passable, but I won’t be continuing on with this series.

17. Lover Avenged 





I gave this book 4 stars. I’m loving these characters more and more as we go along. I had to give this one 4 stars because I felt that our main couples relationship sort of faded out and got overshadowed by other events in the book. 

18. Angel 




I gave this book 4.5 stars. Read this one in a couple of hours and I loved it. I’ve noticed that Angel was so much nicer than all the other made men. I mean, he’s by no means a nice guy, but he’s a lot nicer to Adalyn than some of the other men were to their girlfriends, definitely less controlling.

What were some of your faves of the month?


Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

Also be sure to check out my giveaway for some of my favorite books of 2017! HERE

1 comment:

  1. I've had Wolfsong on my TBR for a while, but I always passed it over because I just didn't know if it was for me (it was one of those you add to the list and a while later you don't remember the reason), but seeing your reaction to it, I'm thinking I gotta jump it to the start of the queue, see what's up.

    ReplyDelete