Friday 15 September 2017

Approximately Yours Spoiler Free Review


Approximately Yours (North Pole, Minnesota #3)

Approximately Yours
by Julie Hammerle


Release Date: October 2nd, 2017

Synopsis:


Danny Garland is so out of Holly’s league. And her family is only back in North Pole, Minnesota, long enough to sell Grandma’s house and say “Merry Christmas.” So telling her basketball-star, too-hot-to-be-real long-time crush that she’d like to kiss him under the mistletoe just isn’t going to happen.

And now he’s asked out her cousin, Elda. Elda is a mess at flirting, so when she begs Holly to intervene, she does. Holly helps her flirt with him over text. And then again. And again. Now she’s stuck texting him as her cousin, and Elda is the one going on the date. Holly thought she could settle for just conversation with Danny, but talking with him is some kind of magic. He’s got the perfect comebacks, she makes him laugh, they text until everyone is asleep.

She just can’t ever tell him it’s her he’s really texting.


Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book has hot texts, gingerbread wars, and a slow-burn romance that could melt a Minnesota winter

My Thoughts:

***I received an ARC through Netgalley for an honest review***

I gave this book 3.5 stars. It was cute and fun, but not really anything I hadn’t already read before. I still liked it, but it was nothing new, you know?

In the midst of my contemporary craze, I read this book fairly quickly. While it wasn’t eh best contemporary romance I had ever read in my entire life, it was still a book where I enjoyed the storyline and the characters.

Holly, is a complex. Aside from the puppy tattoo which I think is more cutesy than punk rock, Holly can seem a bit hard core. I mean, Danny was convinced she hated him despite reality being the exact opposite. Holly has really bad self esteem issues caused by constant rejection and I can’t help but relate to that. Holly was a character that I had no problem seeing her point. She pushed people away and was a bit mean to them at times because she was afraid of rejection.

Danny is a sweet guy. His ex girlfriend has definitely caused some damage. Especially considered his breakup happened right after he almost ruins his career by breaking his leg in a basketball related accident. I found it so cute that whenever him and his friends were talking about the Page girls, they would always talk about the hot one, now to everyone else the hot one was Elda, but Danny always thought they were talking about Holly. It was absolutely adorable his quiet crush on her. He was never the obnoxious athlete that is common in YA and teen movies. He was the gentle nerd/athlete who just wanted to be good at everything, I can appreciate that.

The two characters together was pure chemistry. They had so much in common and could talk about anything. Although, I have to dock points because they talked shit about Game of Thrones, and I’m obsessed with that show. Besides that obvious blunder, they were in fact, a very cute book couple. 


I would recommend this book to anyone currently going through a contemporary craze. It’s nothing that absolutely blew my mind, but it definitely helps with the craving. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to want to read this during December <3 Adding to my festive TBR now :D

    ReplyDelete