Monday 27 February 2017

Ensnared Review (Spoiler Free)

Ensnared

Ensnared
by Rita Stradling

Release Date: December 18th, 2017

Synopsis:


Alainn’s father is not a bad man. He’s a genius and an inventor. When he’s hired to create the robot Rose, Alainn knows taking the money is a mistake. 

Rose acts like a human. She looks exactly like Alainn. But, something in her comes out wrong.

To save her father from a five year prison sentence, Alainn takes Rose’s place. She says goodbye to the sun and goes to live in a tower no human is allowed to enter. She becomes the prisoner of a man no human is allowed to see. 

Believing that a life of servitude lies ahead, Alainn finds a very different fate awaits her in the company of the strange, scarred recluse.


[This novel contains adult situations and is only suitable for readers who are 18+]

My Thoughts:

***I received an ARC through Netgalley***

I gave this book 5 stars.. I had such a great time reading this. I absolutely loved the characters int his book. 

Characters were probably my favourite part of the book. We didn't have any freakishly annoying main characters and I loved that. Although, I found one of the characters close to Alainn to be very useless and I didn't particularly like him all that much. I felt such a deep connection with the characters and the plot was just so exciting. I think this story has done the classic fairy tale justice.

I love Beauty and the Beast retellings. Honestly, my hopes for this book really weren't that high, I don't particularly like books about robots, but this book has completely changed my mind. I absolutely loved it.  I already want to read it again. I can't wait to read other books by this author.

Speaking of how i usually don't like robot books. I didn't just put up with the robots in this book, I loved them. They were just as vital to the story as any of the other human characters. This book gave them more animated features. It was great.

This book was written in third person. Usually I don't have much to say about the point of view, but here I thought it really fit. For the most part it stuck with Alainn, but then when it occasionally went to other characters I didn't really mind. I also didn't have to worry about the voices getting muddled if it were first person with several different characters points of views.

I would definitely recommend this book to everyone. Just read it. It's a quick read and it'll hook you.

No comments:

Post a Comment