Tuesday 24 May 2016

The Crown Book Talk

The Crown (The Selection, #5)
The Crown
by Kiera Cass
Spoilers

Summary:



When Eadlyn became the first princess of Illéa to hold her own Selection, she didn’t think she would fall in love with any of her thirty-five suitors. She spent the first few weeks of the competition counting down the days until she could send them all home. But as events at the palace force Eadlyn even further into the spotlight, she realizes that she might not be content remaining alone.



Eadlyn still isn’t sure she’ll find the fairytale ending her parents did twenty years ago. But sometimes the heart has a way of surprising you…and soon Eadlyn must make a choice that feels more impossible—and more important—than she ever imagined. 


My Thoughts:

I gave this book 5 stars. It was infinitely better than the Heir. I liked the Heir. I love this. I had all the feels while reading this.



Can we just stop for a moment and appreciate the fact that Maxon tells dad jokes? Okay just let that sink in for a moment.



Literally the page before Hale came out I guessed that he was gay. Okay hear me out. He is kind of a walking stereo type. 1. His best friend is a girl and he is actually disgusted by the thought of being with her romantically. 2. He is totally into fashion. I mean he resized a dress to fit Eady. 3. He is totally uninterested in marrying her. He seemed like he wanted to before and they got really close and now he is distant and is backing out. I called it.



When he went into his relationship with Ean, I did that fangirl thing. You know the one where you flail and make the pterodactyl screech over something cute your ship does? I totally did that. I ship it so hard.



I had a bad feeling about Marid, but I like trashed the idea that he could possibly be bad just before we found out he was a snake. So I wasn't too surprised.



The whole Lady Brice thing totally sideswiped me. The only redeeming quality the king had was that he loved the queen so much and was so dedicated to her. Now to find out he had a mistress? That just made me so upset. I like Lady Brice though, no matter where she came from.



Okay time to address the elephant in the room. I also knew that Eadlyn  would choose Erik (I'm calling him Erik cause I don't remember how to spell his actual name.) During the Heir she would get all warm and fuzzy around him. Not the same feeling as any of the contestants. Plus, during the Crown, when Eady is about to make out with Henri in the middle of their lesson, Erik drops a book loudly so that they don't. Then another time, this is a big one, Erik gave Eady his fucking Heirloom Wedding Ring, for the woman he is supposed to marry. Is this not the biggest hint ever? Foreshadowing.



Quotes:

"Look! Your terrible jokes are now life threatening. You have to stop them." 

"Pfft," Dad turned to her. "What do you know about picking husbands? Last time you tried that, you got stuck with me." 

"Part of me worried that somehow, everyone would be able to hear my pulse beating out his name if he got any closer."

^Eady casually having a Tell-Tale Heart moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment