Monday 30 May 2016

A Court of Mist and Fury Book Talk

A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)
A Court of Mist and Fury
by Sarah J Maas

Spoiler Alert

Summary:


Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.


With more than a million copies sold of her beloved Throne of Glass series, Sarah J. Maas's masterful storytelling brings this second book in her seductive and action-packed series to new heights.

My Thoughts:

I gave this book 5 stars. That doesn't even cover it. This book was phenomenal.

So right at the start of the book I could sense that there was tension between Feyre and Tamlin. Tamil wouldn't let Feyre do anything, he would barely let her leave the house. Seriously, all she does is plan their wedding and sometimes paint. Plus, she has these terrible night terrors, he basically ignores them and doesn't even try to comfort her. Shitty boyfriend much. Then when he has night terrors and she wants to comfort him, he totally just pushes her away. It pissed me off. He has such a clouded vision of her. I mean he still thinks that she loves all the gifts he gives her, he thinks that she loves those pouffy fancy dresses he has made for her. Totally oblivious. I mean, she didn't even feel like she could tell him when it was her birthday.

Now for the whole "I knew she would be with Rhys" Argument. Okay so the moment she escapes her wedding, she goes to the night court and one of her first thoughts is that it is the most beautiful place she has ever been. Also, she thinks that Rhys is the most beautiful man she has ever seen before. Plus, he made this deal with her so that she would have to spend a week with him every month, since they are mates, she would slowly realize she had feelings for him and would fall in love with him, which is pretty much what happened. He seemed to want something in the beginning. Something "Unknown" aka her. Plus Tamlin was treating her like fine china while Rhys was setting her free to do whatever she wanted or needed to do. Rhys is also being so sweet and charming, I initially didn't really like him, I didn't know him that well and he seemed pretty skeazy. As I got to know him in this book, I fell in love.

He studied my face. "There are a great many things that I wish to do, and don't get to."

Then Tamlin goes and locks her up in his house. Big no no. 
Feyre is like a bird. At first she was a bird in a cage, the way they aren't supposed to be, but then Rhys came and opened the cage and now she is flying around outside the way a bird is supposed to be. 

Then finally Feyre is starting to show her distaste to the new Tamlin, or the old Tamlin that she is now seeing from a different light.

"Yes. He'd given me everything I needed to become myself, to feel safe. And when he got what he wanted... He'd stopped. Had tried, but not really. He'd let himself remain blind to what I needed after Amarantha."

You know how I guessed the whole Rhys and Feyre mate bond thing? You wanna know? Well all you Rhys lovers out there are not subtle, like, at all. I mean, before the book, a smaller margin of people liked Rhys. Then after reading this almost everyone seemed to love him, which meant only one thing. Rhys was Feyre's mate, not Tamlin. Plus, the sexual tension between them was killing me, like, the entire book. I honestly don't think I've felt this way about a ship since Will and Tessa. New OTP coming through.

The plot was by no means original. I mean, one person rises above all to beat a powerful tyrant? Sound familiar? It should. But the way Sarah J Maas wrote it, made up for any lack of original plot. The way it was carried out was earth shattering. I had my fair share of moments when I thought "Wow, that was fantastic, Feyre has come so far." The character development, guys, the character development. 

Once we were introduced to all of the human queens, I was prepared to hate all of them, they seemed like bitter old hags, and moronic dunces. I have to admit that the "Golden Queen" was a very good actress. I hated her at first, but then I felt love for her. It was like that one episode of friends where Ross is really unstable and he finds out about Chandler and Monica's relationship and one second he is so mad he is about to punch Chandler's face in and the next, he like instantly goes to happily crooning, "My best friend and my sister." That's how I felt. Do you know what I'm talking about? You should.

Quotes:

"When you spend so long trapped in darkness, Lucien, you find that the darkness begins to stare back."
"I want you to know, that I am broken and healing, but every piece of my heart belongs to you. And I am honoured-- honoured to be your mate."
"You set boundaries if they cross a line, but you are their friend-- and my mate. They will protect you on instinct. If you kick their asses out of the house, they'll just sit on the roof."
"Love--love was a balm as much as it was a poison." 

No comments:

Post a Comment