Tuesday 23 May 2017

Top 10 Favourite YA Books

YA is the prime genre I read. So it was a bit hard to narrow it all down. I kept feeling like I was missing important ones, but then I wouldn't want to take off others so I was at a bit of an impasse for a bit. No worries though, I will eventually make another top 10 favourite YA books.

Let us begin.

10. Shatter Me Series



This series was the first book series that I realized what good character development was. It was amazing and it changed my entire outlook on all books.

9. Mara Dyer series



This series was creepy and badass. I know it's got a lot of mixed reviews, but I will love it no matter what because I think it''s worth it.

8. Sweet Evil



I am unable to pinpoint exactly what it is I love so much about this series. The main character maintains her innocence throughout the series without being annoying, it's sexy, I love the overall idea of the story. It's just well written.

7. The Raven Cycle



I love Maggie Stiefvater so much. I couldn't not put this series on my list. Especially since these books have my baby Ronan, and my OTP Pynch. Pynch forever.

6. Sinner



I love Maggie Stiefvater so much that she's on my list twice. She has such an amazing way with words, they are her bitch. This past year I've definitely held her higher in esteem. She has become one of my favourite authors. I will never not read her books.

5. The Lux Series



The beginning of the end. The Lux series was the series that first introduced me to Jennifer L. Armentrout. Now flash forward to about 3 years later and I've read pretty much all of her books. Give or take a couple I haven't gotten to yet. Of all her book series's this will probably always be my personal favourite.

4. The Shadowhunter Chronicles



I couldn't choose just one series, so I'm choosing them all. They all thread together so nicely. You can read one series by itself and still understand what's happening, but if you read all of them it completely enriches the experience of Cassie Clare's books. Let's not forget the humour. Her books have some of the driest of the dry humour.

3. The Vampire Academy Series



Oh yes, the series that got me addicted to vampire novels. I'm not even sorry that I still love reading vampire novels in 2017. I will probably read vampire novels until I'm old and grey.

2. Throne of Glass Series



I honestly had such a hard time trying to decide if I should make this one number 2 or if I should put The Vampire Academy as number 2. I finally decided on this one. There are just so many characters that I love and so many different plot points that keep me o engaged. It's not even confusing in the slightest. Now I'm going to address the elephant in the room. Yes I chose to put Throne of Glass on here and not A Court of Thorns and Roses, but I have to say that I do prefer ToG. I wasn't the biggest fan of the first ACOTAR book, I loved the Second and I loved the third. But I've loved every single Throne of Glass book. It's such an intense love that it's pretty much a part of my personality by now.

1. I’ll Give You the Sun



I probably don't have to get into this one because if you've been following my blog for a while you know that this is my favourite book of all time, other than Harry Potter. I honestly have nothing new to gush about because I'm all gushed out.

What are some of your favourite YA books?

2 comments:

  1. Great list. Totally agree with your listing,

    VAMPIRE NOVELS FOR LIFE!!! TIL WE ARE OLD AND GREY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad to see someone share the same opinion!

      Delete