Monday 22 May 2017

Little Things I Like to See in Books

The reading experience is all about those little things that make you smile, so here are some things that I generally like to see whenever I'm reading.

1. Strong Friendships



Friends are what make life seem that much brighter. It's good to have friends in and out of books.

2. Little Actions of Support



When another character just shows another character that they are there for them and they will back them up if they need it. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

3. Cameos



When an author has a series that switches main characters of has several stand alones and characters from different books make cameos in other books.

4. Animals



I will coo over any animal, even the fictional kind. Prime example, A Dog's Purpose. I was a complete wreck after that book.

5. Jokes



I just like to laugh, so whenever a book can do that I appreciate it.

6. Transitions in Emotional State



When a character goes from deep depression to happy and powerful it just feels so satisfying. They have gone through a large journey and now they are where they need to be. I always feel immensely proud of them for getting through it.

7. Lovers Being Friends



I love when characters have more in common than just wanted to kiss each other all the time. When they can talk forever about things they both love, when they can joke without each other. The inside jokes, the general chemistry is what makes it work.

8. Enemies Becoming Friends



Those are always my favourite friendships. They hated each other and they soon realized that their similarities far outweigh their differences and they form an unbreakable bond. They end up being the friends no one wants to fuck with.

9. Advice



I love when I'm reading a book and the characters give some sort of advice or instructions that I find helpful in my life. Like things you shouldn't do when making a pie, or a little trick to help with anxiety. It helps and I love it.


What are some of your favourite little things to see when reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment