Saturday 1 October 2016

September Wrap Up & October TBR

I have had a pretty good reading month. It turns out that, ironically, going back to school has gotten me back onto a good reading schedule. I've read a grand total of 10 books this month, almost 11, but I just couldn't finish it in time. Le sigh. Anyway, most of these I did reviews on, so I'm not really going to get too much into them, I don't want to drone on.

1. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater



I gave this book 5 stars. I really loved it. It was fast-paced and exciting. Also, not all about the relationship between the leads. It was refreshing.

2. Samhain Island: Episode 1 by Taylor Thomas



I gave this book 4 stars. I have a review in the works, I'm almost done, I've just been too lazy to go back and look for quotes. I swear I will finish it soon.

3. Born to be Bound by Addison Cain



I gave this book 3 stars. I'm only going to be including the weird smutty stuff I read this one time, just because it really does have a pretty good plot.

4. Born to br Broken by Addison Cain



I gave this book 3 stars too. Not the best writing on the planet, but it wasn't terrible. Also, I felt this overwhelming need to have at least some lower scoring books on a wrap up for once.

5. Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas



I gave this book 5 stars. I loved it and I can't wait for the next book. Hell, I can't wait for another Sarah J. Maas book. I need one now.

6. The Bronze Key by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare



I gave this book 4 stars. It was a pretty good book, I don't think it was as good as the first two, but it held it's own pretty well and I didn't hate it. For now that's enough for me. I'm excited to see how the series goes from here.

7. Ember X by Jessica Sorensen



I gave this book 5 stars. I was advised to read this book, or at least the young adult version, and I was not disappointed. I really do need to read the YA version though.

8. The Final Empire (Mistborn) by Brandon Sanderson



I gave this book 5 stars. I for some reason started this book several months ago, but then put it on the back burner. I finally picked it back up and just fell in love with everything about it. I need to continue on in the series.

9. Blue Lily Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater



I gave this book 5 stars. I was so intrigued by the plot and the subplots and all the different conflicts that presented themselves or carried over from previous novels. I just loved everything about this book.

10. Changing Everything by Molly Mcadams



I gave this book 3 stars. I had to take away stars because I couldn't really figure out where the climax of the tale was. It was over and I was a bit confused. It was a fun and adorable romance though. I did really enjoy it.

Okay time for my October TBR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi



I'm about halfway through this book, I was trying to squeeze it into my September Wrap Up, but I just couldn't get it done. So my first read of October is going to be this.

2. Rebel Springs by Morgan Rhodes



I started this one and have put it off for too long. I must continue.

3. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath



I started this book about a year or two ago and have recently picked it back up. I need to get this thing done with. It's nagging at me.

4. A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir



A whole bunch of people read this book in September and that was when I meant to read it, I just never got around to it. My bad.

5. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater



I can't possibly wait much longer to read this book. As you may have noticed I am slowly but surely making my way through all of Stiefvater's books. What a wonderful time to be alive!

6. Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake



I am honestly so excited to be reading this book. It just sounds so great. Dark, fantastic, and action packed. I love it already and I haven't even read a page.

7. I haven't decided yer, but it will be either The Coldest Girl in Coldtown or Library of Souls. It is still yet to be determined.


No comments:

Post a Comment