Sunday 17 February 2019

Guilty Reader Book Tag



I haven't done a book tag in forever so I'm ready to finally do another one! Obviously, I wasn't tagged for this. I just felt like doing it so I'm gonna do it. 
Here is a link to the Original


Have You Ever Regifted A Book That You’ve Been Given?





Lol no. However, I have gifted people with books that I bought myself and didn't want anymore. I did do this with their knowledge, it was more like "Oh you want to read that! I have a copy that I don't want any more" and then I either straight up gave it to them or added it onto a birthday or Christmas present or something. I wasn't being sneaky about it.

Have you ever said you’ve read a book when you haven’t?

Did you mean: University

I'm an English major. I don't have time to actually read all the books I'm assigned. Partially because I don't want to read those books and partially because I just don't have the time. 

Have you ever borrowed a book and not returned it?

Nada. I hate when people don't give me my books back so I make a point to always return the books I've borrowed from people no matter how long I've had them or how long it has been since I've seen them. 

Have you ever read a series out of order?

Sure, all the time. Nothing crazy, like high fantasy, but definitely romance. You know those book series' where all the books are about different characters so order doesn't really matter. All the time.


Have you ever spoiled a book for someone?





Lol funny story actually. Back in high school, I think it was the ninth grade maybe. In my friend group there were the few of us that loved reading and so we would talk about books all the time. My best friend at the time did not enjoy reading so anytime we could talk her into reading a book was a success. So we had just gotten her to read The Fault in Our Stars which we had all loved. Then whilst we were walking to our regular lunch hangout she was walking in front of me and a couple of our other friends and we were discussing TFIOS and my friend said something along the lines of "It was so sad when August dies" and sadly my best friend was close enough to hear this. She was sooooo pissed. She immediately stopped reading the book. She was so mad.

Have you ever doggy eared a book?





My first copies of Harry Potter are all dog ears and cracked spines. It pains me to open them.

Have you ever told someone you don’t own a book when you do?

I don't think I have. I might have just so I wouldn't have to lend them the book, but an instance is not coming to mind.


Have you ever told someone you haven’t read a book when you have?




Lmao Fifty Shades of Grey. There is no way I'm admitting to people in real life that I've read Fifty Shades. There is no way. Especially considering I was like, eleven when I read it.

Have you every skipped a chapter or a section of a book?





If there is a particularly difficult scene for me to read in a book I will skip over it. I feel no shame over this. Sometimes these parts just make me too uncomfortable, even go so far as to make me nauseous and I'm not a masochist so I skip over them. I also just did this with Breaking Dawn because I didn't actually want to read it but I kinda wanted to know how it ended. I did not read any of the first two parts of it.

Have you ever bad mouthed a book you actually liked?

I feel like I definitely have. One is not immediately coming to mind but I know deep in my soul that I have in fact done this.



Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment