Wednesday 12 September 2018

Top 5 Books For My Younger Self


I feel like this prompt was actually about books you would want your younger self to read so it would help them in some way, but honestly, my list just books I think I would have appreciated a hell of a lot more when I was little.

1. Narnia



Spoiler alert: I never read Narnia as a kid. Not a single book. It wasn't even on my radar until I was maybe 11 and my cousin showed me the movies and I thought they were pretty cool. Still, haven't read them. Honestly, wish my parents read them to me when I was a kid.

2. Lord of the Rings




Another shocking revelation. Also never read this trilogy. I feel like I missed out on an integral part of my childhood by never reading these. It's like when my father never made me watch Star Wars and so I still haven't. One day.

3. A Series of Unfortunate Events




Not as big of a deal, but I feel like this would have been really fun for my little "doesn't like to read"child's brain.

4. Percy Jackson




I read this series when I was in the eighth grade and honestly, I was in a bit of a romance heavy phase of my life and I didn't really pay attention to the action and all the fun stuff because I just wanted some kissing to happen. Child me would never have cared about that. Just overall really bad timing.

5. A Wrinkle in Time




I didn't even realize this book existed until the three years ago. And I didn't realize it was this really well know, well-loved children's book and now I feel like I've been left out.

What books you would you guys want your younger selves to read?

Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to have had books like Magnus Chase when I was younger, books that weren't just fun but also with very diverse characters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really fair point. My childhood was very full of straight white people.

      Delete