Tuesday 11 September 2018

August Wrap Up


I'm getting really late with these monthly wrap-ups, someone slap some sense into me. I actually got a fair amount of reading done in August. Nowhere near as much as last year, I was a reading machine last year, but the month still went pretty well.


1. The Worst Witch - Season 2



I gave this show 4 stars. The Worst Witch is such an easy show to binge. It isn't heavy and it's full of all the magical elements that I love. If you're looking for something new to watch on Netflix I would recommend this one.

2. Feral Sins



I gave this book 4 stars. It was funny and sexy, two of my favorite traits in books. If you're looking for a werewolf romance, look no further.

3. La La Land



I gave this movie 2.5 stars. I just don't understand the hype. I was so looking forward to watching this but it just didn't do it for me.

4. Walk on Earth a Stranger



I gave this book 4 stars. I enjoyed this one in a slightly odd way. It wasn't one of those books that I had to binge, it was just one of those books I could calmly just read a couple chapters of at a time and be content. I liked the book and maybe I will read the sequel, i just haven't decided yet.

5. Eighth Grade



I gave this movie 5 stars. It was like watching myself five years ago. One day people are going to watch this film and be utterly fascinated because this is exactly what it was like to grow up in the age of technology, to enter high school in the age of social media. There's no sugarcoating and they actually had a teenager play a teenager. I have to give this one all the praise.

6. Ravensong



I gave this book 5 stars. This was dark. A lot darker than the first book. While Wolfsong started off happy and then got dark, this one was just dark all the way through. Would highly recommend if you loved Wolfsong 


7. It



I gave this movie 5 stars. I watched It again and I still love it. I've probably watched it at least 8 times now. Gonna keep going until the next movie comes out.

8. To All the Boys I've Loved Before



I gave this book 4.5 stars. I read this because I had been putting it off for so long and once I realized that there was a week until the movie came out I decided to finally get it together. I finished it the day the movie came out and it was amazing. Very cute.

9. P.S. I Still Love You



I gave this book 4 stars. I liked it a little less than the first one. It suffered from second book syndrome. Peter was pissing me off and Lara Jean was getting close to John Ambrose and I didn't want her too. Frustrating but had a good ending.

10. Blood Kiss



I gave this book 4.5 stars. I'm so close to catching up on the BDB and BDL series' and I'm so scared because I don't know what I'll do when I have nothing to read! 

11. The Darkest Star



I gave this book 5 stars. I do have a review for this ready and written, but I won't be posting until closer to the release date so you guys will just have to be satisfied by the fact that I loved this book.

12. All the Little Lights



I gave this book 4 stars. A bit slow at times, a bit heavy at others. Overall, not what you would expect. I won't say more than that.

13. Crew



I gave this book 4 stars. I'm really on the fence about Tijan's books. I enjoy them and I love books similar to them, but I don't think her writing is necessarily my favorite. I do generally enjoy them though and will continue reading them. 

What books and movies did you guys enjoy in August?


Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment