Tuesday 10 January 2017

Top 10 Book Boyfriends of 2016

I swear this is my last Top 10 list about 2016. The last. Enjoy.

10. Julian Blackthorn




“We are bound together, Emma, bound together—I breathe when you breathe, I bleed when you bleed, I’m yours and you’re mine, you’ve always been mine, and I have always, always belonged to you!” 


“She soared above the ground, and he kept her tethered to the earth. Without him she would be lost among the clouds.” 


“How long have you been drawing me?”
He sighted. A moment later his hand came to rest in her hair. His fingers twined in the strands. “My whole life.” 


“Why all these paintings of you? Because I'm an artist, Emma. These pictures are my heart. And if my heart was a canvas, every square inch of it would be painted over with you.” 



9. Ezra Mason




“since i will not send this, i also feel it is my duty to inform you that almost six months on I think I still love you and that makes me sad becaue love shouldn’t feel this way. is like getting kicked in the stomach every time i think of you and it makes me want to roll my face across this keyboardbiu;///ubEWdcfhugiov’byhi;.//////-=‘-0i9juh8ygtfdcsaazs34defg7uefg7u8hi9o0p8hi9o0p-[[09ju8dcsaazs34d9o0p-[[09.” 

“Interviewer: So. Tell me about your mother.
Ezra: You're taping this, right?
Interviewer: Audio only. Camera is faulty.
Ezra: Okay, well for the benefit of the sight-impaired, I am now raising my… oh, dear… yes, it's my MIDDLE finger at Mr. Postgrad here.
Interviewer: Mr. Mason...
Ezra: Now I'm wiggling it.
Interviewer: Terminating interview at 13:58 on 03/19/75.
Ezra: Look at it wiggl-
-audio ends-” 


“You deserve every star in the galaxy laid out at your feet and a thousand diamonds in your hair. You deserve someone who'll run with you as far and as fast as you want to. Holding your hand, not holding you back.
You deserve more than I could ever give you, Kady.

But I'll give you everything I can if you still want me to.” 

8. Ryodon




“One day, kid, you'll be willing to mortgage your fucking soul for somebody.” 


“I'm not going anywhere until you're safe," Christian says to me, real quiet. 
"Isn't that quaint. The chivalrous Unseelie prince with the dick of death," Ryodan mocks.” 


“Ryodan says softly, “Holy strawberries, Dani, we’re in a jam.”
I look at him like he’s sprouted two heads. Holy strawberries? In a jam? Even Barrons looks stumped.
He continues, “But don’t worry. Holy priceless collection of Etruscan snoods—you really butchered that one, by the way—I’ve got it in the bag. How about this one: holy borrowing bibliophile, let’s book.” 



7. Gideon De Villier




Then almost at once comes Diamond alone,
Whose sign of the lion as Leo is known.

“He took a hairpin out of my untidy hair (by now my complicated arrangement of ringlets must have looked as if a couple of birds had been nesting there); he took a strand of it and wound it around his finger. With his other hand he began stroking my face, and then he bent down and kissed me again, this time very cautiously. I closed my eyes - and the same thing happened as before: my brain suffered that delicious break in transmission.” 


“You have a mother?" Only when I said it did I realize what a silly question it was! For heaven's sake! 
Gideon raised one eyebrow. "What did you expect?" he asked, amused. "You thought I was an android put together by Uncle Falk and Mr. George?”

"We should collect our things," Gideon finally said. And you should do something urgent with your hair; It seems as if some idiot had started to stir in them with both hands and then I would have thrown you on a sofa ... Whoever is waiting for us will know that two and two are four ... Oh, by God, do not look at me like that.
-How?
"As if you could not move."
"I can not," I said seriously. I'm a pudding. You have transformed me into a pudding. "



6. Seth




“You know what? Lets go." I shot Aiden a defiant look. "Come on Seth. Let's go continue our lovers' quarrel."
"Yes my love, that sounds fantastic. Don't forget to grab a dagger so you can poke my eyeballs out.” 

“How in the fuck is that even possible? Was Hades sleeping on the job o something?"
"Yes, Seth, he took a nap and Perses snuck in the back door and let them out. Then they skipped through the Vale of Mourning, stopped to have a pic-a-nic and then decided to leave the Underworld all slow-like, and all the while Hades was chillin' and doing nothing."
That sounded probable.” 

“Really?” she said dryly, eyeing me with a smirk. “You’re going to fight with the awesomeness of your six-pack as a weapon?”
I arched a brow. “Yeah, you know, I was going to test out the whole abs of steel theory thing. The gun attached to my thigh and the daggers in my hands are just props. Mainly for show. Don’t want to take away from the gloriousness that is my body, though.” 

“There’s something I need to know, okay?”
I lifted my chin, grinning slight. “Yes, you’re a sexy beast.”

“I know that already,” he said dryly. “But that’s not what I’m asking.” 

5. Kieran Masters




“I’m afraid for him because every day he has to fight the person he is, to be the person he wants to be.” 

“As you wish,” I answered and grinned when she flinched with surprise.”

“You were born among monsters,” she lifted my face when I hid in her shoulder, “but you were not meant to walk with them.”


“I lowered myself to one knee and looked her in her eyes. “You chased away the monsters and became my reason—my forever. I’m yours, Lake Monroe. Will you marry me today?”


4. Rowan Whitethorn




“Gods, he was brilliant. Cunning and wicked and brilliant.
Even when he beat the hell out of her. Every. Damn. Day.” 

“Thirty minutes later, Rowan was still staring up at the ceiling, teeth gritted as he calmed the roaring in
his veins that was steadily shredding through his self-control.
That gods-damned nightgown.
Shit.
He was in such deep, unending shit.” 

“She realized that Rowan saw each of those thoughts and more as he reached into his tunic and pulled out a dagger. Her dagger. He extended it to her, it's long blade gleaming as if he'd been secretly polishing and caring for it these months.
And when she grasped the dagger, it's weight lighter than she remembered, Rowan looked into her eyes, into her very core of her, and said, 'Fireheart'.” 



3. Percy Jackson


(I think the Percy Jackson fan art is the best fan art out there)


“We're staying together," he promised. "You're not getting away from me. Never again.”

“Hades raised an eyebrow. When he sat forward in his throne, shadowy faces appeared in the folds of his black robes, faces of torment, as if the garment was stitched of trapped souls from the Fields of Punishment, trying to get out. The ADHD part of me wondered, off-task, whether the rest of his clothes were made the same way. What horrible things would you have to do in your life to get woven into Hades' underwear?” 

“Why can't you place a blessing like that on us?" I asked.
"It only works on wild animals."
"So it would only affect Percy," Annabeth reasoned.

"Hey!" I protested.” 


2. Oren Tenning




“So this is my Pathetic Loser’s confession: I am Oren Tenning, and I have fallen. Hard.” 


“Hey, honey!” I called brightly. “You’re home early. And here I didn’t even get to put a bow on the gift I have for you.”
Scotini glanced from Noel to me and then sent Caroline a scandalized glance. “Oh my God. Your brother’s gay?”
Really? I turned to her too, and with the same tone, I said, “Oh my God. Is he fucking stupid?”


“She arched and moaned out her need. “Oh God, Oren”.

I wanted to tell her I loved it when she said my name like that. But I just sighed. “I know, right? I’m really good at this.” 

1. Rhysand




“And I wondered if love was too weak a word for what he felt, what he’d done for me. For what I felt for him.” 

“But Rhys … Rhys would never have not seen what was happening to me; would never have been so misguided and arrogant and self-absorbed. He’d known what Ianthe was from the moment he met her. And he’d understood what it was like to be a prisoner, and helpless, and to struggle—every day—with the horrors of both.” 

There you are. I've been looking for you. 
His first words to me— not a lie at all, not a threat to keep those faeries away.

Thank you for finding her for me.” 

Bonus, My Platonic Soul Mate:


“I am being perfectly fucking civil.”

“To think you could have been dreaming the cure for cancer," Blue said. 
"Look, Sargent," Ronan retorted, "I was gonna dream you some eye cream last night since clearly modern medicine's doing jack shit for you, but I nearly had my ass handed to me by a death snake from the fourth circle of dream hell, so you're welcome."
Blue was appropriately touched. "Ah, thanks, man."
"No problem, bro.” 

“Ronan didn't need physics. He could intimidate even a piece of plywood into doing what he wanted.” 

“Adam's response was buried in the sound of the first-story door falling open. Noah slouched in. In a wounded tone, he said, "He threw me out the window!"
Ronan's voice sang out from behind his closed door: "You're already dead!” 

Who were some of your book boyfriends or book girlfriends this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment