Tuesday 11 April 2017

Top 10 Contemporary Novels

I have recently been on a contemporary kick, so this just felt like the right list to make this week. I've also decided to limit myself to one book per author, just to make it fair.


10. Dare You To 



My favourite Katie McGarry book. I've reread this book a billion times, I just love Beth.

9. I Swear



This book had a huge impact on me. I didn't think I would like it all that much, but I really did.

8. Fangirl



Must I explain why? Okay, I will. I related so much to this story. Honestly, all I ever want to do is get lost in the story, real life sucks and I don't want to be a part of it, but I know I'll have to and I find that scary.

7. The Summer I Turned Pretty



I expected to hate this book, but my friend made me read it. I was completely wrong, this book is amazing. 

6. Perks of Being a Wallflower



This book took my thoughts and feelings and put it into literary form. I related to this book so much, it will always be a favourite of mine.

5. Thirteen Reasons Why



This is probably the book that had the deepest effect on me. It just made me think about everything I'd ever done or said to other people and things people had said and done to me. It was so eye opening and heartbreaking. Regardless of my mixed emotions on this book, it had to make the list.

4. Everything Everything



I just recently read this book and the entire time, I just could not put it down. I had such a great time reading this book, I absolutely loved it.

3. My Heart and Other Black Holes



I'm sensing a theme with the books on this list. Lots of suicide and attempted suicide. I'm starting to think I have a dark taste in literature. 

2. The Secret of Ella and Micha



This will always be one of my favourite books of all time. It had such great friendships and great loves. I finished this book and then read it straight through again, repeating this process several times over. If you haven't yet read this book, you should.

1. I'll Give You the Sun



Finally, number one. My favourite book of all time (other than Harry Potter). This book had so many ups and downs, but overall, this book showed me that no matter how bad things get, they will get better. 

What contemporary novels do you guys love?

No comments:

Post a Comment