Monday 10 April 2017

Sinner Review

Sinner (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #4)

Sinner 
by Maggie Stiefvater

Synopsis:

found.
Cole St. Clair has come to California for one reason: to get Isabel Culpeper back. She fled from his damaged, drained life, and damaged and drained it even more. He doesn't just want her. He needs her. 

lost. 
Isabel is trying to build herself a life in Los Angeles. It's not really working. She can play the game as well as all the other fakes...but what's the point? What is there to win?

sinner.
Cole and Isabel share a past that never seemed to have a future. They have the power to save each other and the power to tear each other apart. The only thing for certain is that they cannot let go. 

My Thoughts:

I gave this book 5 stars. This is my favourite book by Maggie Stiefvater, also one of my favourite books of all time. I've lost count of how many times I've read this book, but let me just tell you, it's a lot. 

After having read the Shiver, Linger, and Forever, I was left wanting to know what happened with Isabel and Cole. When I found out this was going to be a book I was so excited. To be honest, if it had been another book about Sam and Grace I'm not sure I would have read it at all. Because it was about Isabel and Cole I ended up buying this book the day it came out, despite having obtained a very bad sunburn that day and being in incredibly bad pain. A fangirl's work is never over.

Now, I might have been a bit nervous going into this book, thinking things like "What if it isn't as good as I hope?" And "What if they don't end up together?". Well thank the gods, because this book did not disappoint me in the slightest, it had everything I ever wanted while I was reading the first three books in the series. My one complaint is that the font wasn't coloured like it was in the other books. But that's more of a cosmetic issue, nothing to reflect on the actual content.

In this book Cole was as Cole as ever, same with Isabel. Isabel was as Isabel as ever. Sometimes, I've noticed that in book series's when they switch to different main characters during the series, the characters are different than what they originally were from the other characters' points of view. In this book Cole and Isabel didn't lose what they were. Cole was strange, charismatic, and slightly broody, just as he always was. And Isabel was still snarky and cold, just like she always was. Neither of them lost their key characteristics. 

As always, I love Maggie Stiefvater's writing style. There is so much soul in what she does. She brings the world and the characters to life with her imagery and equal parts showing and telling. 

Quotes:

“It sure is ugly.”“Ugly, never hurt a thing.” I scoffed. “Oh, ugly has hurt some things. It’s just that pretty hurts more.” 

“Internet: What do you want for your birthday?Virtual Cole: to stay young foreverCole texted me: Actually I want you” 

“It was the first time I'd really realized I'd lost my soul and that the beauty of not having a soul was that you couldn't seem to care that you no longer had one.” 

“I asked,”Are you going to pick up next time I call you?””I did this time didn’t I?”“Say yes.”“Yes. Conditionally yes.”…...…”What conditions.?”“Sometimes you do things like call me forty times a day and leave obscene voicemails and that’s why I don’t pick up.”“Ridiculous. That doesn’t sound like me. I’d never call an even number of times.” 

“It wasn’t that I didn’t understand Jeremy getting a new band while I was missing/dead/etc. I was sure I would have done the same thing in his position. Well, I would have started one, not joined one, because I don’t really like team sports unless I’ve invented both the team and the sport.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment