Monday 6 March 2017

Rose Petal Graves Review (Spoiler Free)

Rose Petal Graves (The Lost Clan #1)

Rose Petal Graves 
by Olivia Wildenstein

Release Date: March 29th, 2017

Synopsis:


ANCIENT SECRETS CANNOT REMAIN BURIED FOREVER.

Founded two centuries ago by a powerful tribe of Gottwa Indians, Rowan was a quiet town, so quiet that I fled after graduation. Staying away was the plan, but Mom died suddenly.

Dad said she suffered a stroke after she dug up one of the ancient graves in our backyard, which happens to be the town cemetery. Creepy, I know. Creepier still, there was no corpse inside the old coffin, only fresh rose petals.


As we made preparations for Mom’s burial, new people began arriving in Rowan, unnervingly handsome and odd people. I begged them to leave, but they stayed, because their enemies—my ancestors—were beginning to awaken.

My Thoughts:

***I received and ARC through Netgalley***

I gave this book 4.5 stars. I found this book a bit slow in the beginning, it took me a while to really get into it, but once I was in I couldn't stop.

There was a love triangle, which I hate, but even worse, I love both of the guys int he love triangle. I really do. I need to read the next book. I need to see where it goes from here.

I'm a sucker for faeries. I love books with faeries. They're always so good. I loved this authors spin on this classic mythical creature. 

For the most part I loved the characters, or at least the ones I was supposed to like. I did have a total hate on for several characters though. No attempt at redemption will save them from my hatred.

There were so many twists and turns in this book that it was hard to tell what was true and what wasn't. I'm still not quite sure who's side I'm on. I hope that this is all made clearer in the next book, but for now I guess I'll just have to wonder.

Also, I just have to mention, I honestly thought that the title of this book was a completely random collection of words stuck together, but trust me, it isn't. It's actually a very important part of the plot.

Overall, a solid read. I can't wait to read the next book in the series. I need to know what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment