Wednesday 29 March 2017

Complimenting Books I Didn't Like

I've been working on being more positive and not being as hateful about things. So I decided, why not start with books I didn't like. Give each of them a compliment. It will make me feel better.

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer



I really liked the first line of the book. It was interesting, makes you want to know more about what's going to happen. “I’d never given much thought to how I would die — though I’d had reason enough in the last few months — but if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.”

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins



This book has my book husband, Finnick Odair. I just can't completely hate anything that has him in it.

The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider



While this book was really dark at times, it kept it from getting too dark with a great sense of humour. This book made me laugh. A lot.

Allegiant by Veronica Roth




While there were many times that Tris bothered me, I couldn't help but admire her dedication. She was strong and stubborn, she knew what she needed to do and she did it.

Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare



Shakespearian burns are honestly the sickest of the all. As much as I hated the actual story, the humour was a 10/10. Especially Mercutio, he's my baby.

The Lord of the Flies by William Golding



Even though I found this book incredibly boring, I can't help but respect what the author was trying to convey; If left on there own, humans will fall into utter mayhem. He did a good job of showing this.

The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towe



The last third of the book had me on the edge of my seat. Not all the drama in this book was bad, some of it I lived for.

The House of Night Series by P. C. and Kristen Cast



I really liked the magical system in these books. I thought it was pretty rad, if I do say so myself. I also liked Aphrodite, I probably would have liked the series more if she had been the protagonist. She'd be the antihero of my dreams.

What's a book you hate and something you liked about it?


No comments:

Post a Comment