Thursday 7 January 2021

Most Anticipated Books of 2021


I was considering just doing a top 10 post but I decided at the last minute that I would rather just talk about everything I was excited for. Who needs to limit themselves to 10 exciting releases? Not me. I don't have the self-control for that. Also, some of these covers look so cool. I never want to see an ugly book cover again. 

Fall Boys Penelope Douglas - Date Unknown

I can't tell you how excited I have been to read this series. This one doesn't have a cover or an exact date of release yet, but it is supposedly coming out this year. Fingers crossed. This is the spinoff series of the Fall Away series from Penelope Douglas. This follows the second generation. I can't wait.

Celestial Olivia Wildenstein - January 5th, 2021


So technically this one is already out, but I don't have it yet. I ordered it and it should be here any time now. This is the sequel of her book Feather. I loved Feather and I got really excited when I found out there would be a sequel following a new couple. You could probably read this as a stand-alone if you so pleased.  

A Court of Silver Flames Sarah J Maas - February 16th, 2021


This was sort of a no brainer for me. I've been waiting for this book for literal years. I believe this book is supposed to be following Cassian and Nesta, Feyre's sister. We previously saw the tension between them in the previous parts of this series and I can't wait to see what kind of shenanigans they get into. 

Chain of Iron Cassandra Clare - March 2nd, 2021


This was another no brainer. I am so excited to continue on in this series. Hoping that things will start to work out between the two leads. I just want good things to happen to all of the characters. Except a select few. The anticipation for this one is bubbling.

Bridge of Souls Victoria Schwab - March 2nd, 2021


This series is just so much fun. Maybe it isn't quite as heart-pounding and dramatic as others on this list, but it is a really good pallet cleanser. It has good vibes, interesting characters, fun settings. This is the book version of soul food. I really hope Victoria Schwab makes this series annoyingly long. I will keep buying them.

She Drives Me Crazy Kelly Quindlen - April 20th, 2021


This sounds like such a cute enemies to lovers LGBTQ+ high school romance. It sounds so good. I don't read a lot of contemporary anymore because I do feel like it gets pretty repetitive. This one, however, has some new and interesting aspects and I have already preordered it. 

Witches Steeped in Gold Ciannon Smart April 20th, 2021


They had me at Witches. I didn't even read what it was about before I preordered. I'm kidding. I did almost immediately preorder it though. You know how I am with Witches. Witch books are like catnip to me. Also, this book is about Jamaican-inspired witches. I've never read about Jamaican witches before so I feel like this is going to be incredibly interesting. 

The Crown of Gilded Bones Jennifer L. Armentrout - April 20th, 2021


This series just grabbed me by the throat and wouldn't let go. I need a conclusion. Especially after the cliffhanger, we were left with in that last book. I can't say too much without spoilers, but holy shit. Anyway April can't come soon enough.

You Will Get Through This Night Daniel Howell - May 18th, 2021


I'm not usually one to buy youtuber books, but I had to make an exception. In this book, Dan Howell is talking about his own experiences with depression and how he got through it and he had the help of a therapist when writing this. I just feel like it's going to be really good. 

Daughter of Sparta Claire Andrews - June 8th, 2021


I love a retelling. This one is supposedly a retelling of Daphne and Apollo. It sounds in 2012 terms "hella epic". Also, a bitch loves Greek mythology.

Any Way the Wind Blows Rainbow Rowell - July 6th, 2021


Another series that is coming to an end. The Carry On trilogy seems to be pretty divisive. Either people love it or hate it. I personally love it. I felt like that last book made me really love some of the characters more and I just want to read more about them. This series is just so fun and magical and I can't wait to read this conclusion.

Under the Whispering Door T. J. Klune - September 21st, 2021


A book about death with T. J. Klune's signature wit. That's all I want out of 2021. However, I have to wait till September so I guess these other books will have to tide me over until then. 

Untitled Crescent City Novel Sarah J. Maas - November 2nd, 2021

I just really need to know if Bryce is finally going to ditch Hunt. I just don't really like him and I think she can do better. Also, things got really interesting at the climax of the last book and I really hope that carries over into this one. 

The Nobleman's Guide to Scandal and Shipwrecks Mackenzi Lee - November 16th, 2021


 I haven't actually finished the second book in this series. but I'm working on it. This is the book following Monty and Felicity's younger brother. We don't really know much about him from the first two books because he is so young during them. He's sort of this blank slate that we get to find out about in this new book. All we really know is he's the youngest and will be the heir to the Montague fortune. I have some high hopes for him. 

What books are you guys looking forward to in 2021? I would love to hear about them!

Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

1 comment:

  1. Witches steeped in gold and the crown of gilded bones are my most anticipated reads this year! I'll add daughter of Sparta from your list!

    ReplyDelete