Wednesday 20 January 2021

The Aesthetically Pleasing Book Tag


Does anyone else feel like publishing companies are finally putting in more work to make covers prettier? Cause I do and I'm loving it. I love a pretty cover.  This book tag was originally from I believe Book Syrup. A booktube channel I don't think exists anymore. 

1. Best colour combo on a book cover



The first thing that really struck me about this book was the cover. The colour patterning on this book cover is one of the best I've ever seen. Honestly, I think whoever made this cover deserves a raise.

2. Best typography/font on a book cover


It's pretty simple but I love how the font really matches the book and what it's about. It's a book containing all these medieval stories and the font really tells you that. You would be able to tell even if you have never heard of King Arthur. 


3. Best simple cover



It tells you all you need to know. It's a poetry book so you really don't need any images. It has a nice font that takes up a good portion of the cover so it doesn't really need anything else. They could have added an image and while I don't think that would have taken anything away from the cover I do love the simplicity of the cover as it is. Honestly with a title like that you don't really need a fancy cover to draw you in.

4. Best Endpages



I decided to go with a Court of Wings and Ruin. While I have several books that have beautiful end pages, this one was the easiest for me to pull off my shelf. Also I just really loved that they used fanart in the book. I felt like it was a very heartfelt way of paying tribute to her readers. 

5. Best map



Honestly, I feel like all book maps are pretty much the same in terms of detail. However, since I do have a physical copy I decided to go with the map from ACOTAR. 

6. Best naked hardback


My favourite thing is when I take the dust jacket off of a book to see if there is anything cool underneath and there is. The Cruel Prince probably has one of my favourite patterns that I've ever seen on a hardcover book. It's so simple yet beautiful.

7. Best back cover



The Throne of Glass series. I love how the front covers work with the back covers. it really lets you have a feel for the book itself. On the front she is in her battle gear, carrying around weapons, but on the back, she continues to carry her weapon, but she's wearing a dress. It really does a great job of showing the duality of Celaena's personality. 

8. Best chapter headers



I love the six of Crows headers. At first glance, you see a crow's wing but as you look closer you can see that the image actually has these towers. I think this is an incredible display of artistry. Look how cool that shit is.


9. Best illustrations



The Harry Potter Illustrated Editions. I already have a full set of Harry Potter books, but when they started coming out with the illustrated editions I knew I needed to get them. Sadly I won't be buying anymore of them, but I do have the first four and I have to say that they are stunning. 

10. Best spine



One of my favourite book spines is The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I just think it's kinda funny that there is a dragon on the spine of this book and there are a lot of people out there that get dragon tattoos on their own spines.

11. Favorite cover on your shelves


From Blood and Ash series. These books have such intricate covers. At first you just see a bit of patterning and it looks nice but once you take a closer look at them you can see all the little details that were included. I think they are beautiful covers.-

Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment