Thursday 9 May 2019

April Wrap Up


I almost didn't do a wrap up for April but I suddenly felt to motivation to do it and I sped right through. If you guys are interested in seeing what I read and watched and my opinions keep reading!

1. The Savior




I gave this book 5 stars. I'm officially 100% caught up on this series and it's spin-off series and now I have to wait for the next book to come out like everyone else. What a sad predicament I am in. This was an incredibly awesome book by the way. After the last two books, the redemption of this book was needed.

2. Risky Play




I gave this book 4 stars. Rachel Van Dyken was on my list of authors I didn't want to read again because I didn't really like her writing style from what I had read before. My opinion was slightly changed by this book. I actually really enjoyed it and I just might have to read more of her works.

3. Endgame




I gave this book 3 stars. Reminiscent of Paper Princess but without all of the brothers and it's a standalone.

4. Boys of Brayshaw High




I gave this book 3 stars. This book was so overhyped. I thought it was going to be the end all be all of darker NA romances and it just wasn't. I loved the main character, she was great, but the story itself and all the other characters just didn't do it for me. I was also very disappointed by the ending. I'm not sure if I even want to read the next book. I probably will just to find out what happened. Overall, very disappointing.

5. Leo




I gave this book 5 stars. Saw the plot twist coming before I even started the book simply from looking at the title and reading the synopsis. It does not take a genius to put it together. However, I still loved the book. It was tender and sad and romantic. I have nothing bad to say about it.

6. Echo




I gave this book 5 stars. Dark, taboo, and sexy. Exactly what I love from NA novels.

7. Stutter




I gave this book 3.5 stars. It was almost like I was reading about a completely different couple from the first book. I can't go into detail but this book was so cookie cutter compared to the first book.

8. Notice




I gave this book 3.5 stars. Yikes. This is not a book for the faint of heart. That's all I'm going to say.

9. Twisted Pride




I gave this book 5 stars. This was one of my most anticipated books of the year. I had it marked down on my calendar because I was just so excited to read it. It was worth every minute I spent waiting for its release. To this day it is my favorite Cora Reilly book. I love Remo.

10. High




I gave this book 2 stars. I keep trying to read books by this author because I loved her Kiss of Death series so much, but nothing is comparing. This especially was really disappointing.

11. Professor's Kiss




I gave this book 3 stars. I hate it when the "hero" of a novel blames the heroine for things that aren't her fault. It pisses me off. Also, the characters just aren't very memorable, like I've already forgotten both of the protagonists' names.

12. Arranged




I gave this book 4 stars. I've been waiting for an R. K. Lilley book for what seems like decades. I always love her stories and this was no different. While it wasn't my favorite of her works I did fly through it.

13. The Wall of Winnipeg and Me




I gave this book 3 stars. I was so confused when I first started this before realizing that the author made up team names. I was legit out here thinking I knew less than nothing about American football teams. I mean I don't know a lot because I don't like football, but I do know that the team in Dallas is the Dallas Cowboys. Bit confusing, definitely too long, and I don't think too much really happens in those too many pages.

14. Again, but Better




I gave this book 4 stars. I just wrote a spoiler-free review of this the other day. If you want to know more of my thoughts on this book I'll leave a link here.


15. Avenger's Endgame




I gave this movie 5 stars. Honestly, I'm pretty sure this was the only new thing I watched in April. It had me in tears. I was in the movie theatre trying not to sob because everyone else was quiet and I didn't want to be that asshole who can't stay quiet during an important scene. I was sad for a full 3 days after I watched it and honestly, I don't think I've ever been that sad over a movie before. Highly recommend.


What books and movies did you guys enjoy in April?

Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment