Tuesday 9 August 2016

Top 10 Saddest Books

Okay, so I haven't posted anything in a while, but I was driving across Canada to go see my aunt and got too tired to write anything at night, so I am finally coming back with a post, this is in honour of a very sad book I read during the drive. 


Before we begin, shout out to Clockwork Princess, who would have made it on to this list, but the only part that made me sad was the epilogue. 


10. Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper



This book was sad for a number of reasons, first there was the fact that this girl, who was just like any other girl, was treated like she was stupid just because she couldn't communicate normally, in fact, she was smarter than most people but was treated this way. Another was nearing the end when she couldn't seem to communicate with her mother about her little sister, and her mother got so mad at her thinking that she was having a tantrum and got really mad at her. The last was when her team just left her, it's been a while since I've read this book, so I can't remember exactly where, I just know that they left her at the hotel someone and she was completely devastated afterwards.

9. Chasing Nikki by Lacey Weatherford



It was just a pretty normal romance, until the ending. The main character was going through some things, her was in a bad place, and then Nikki was also going through some things with her home life. Then, when you think that they are going to be okay because they have each other, tragedy strikes. Nikki goes and dies in a car crash. So the two characters are going in separate cars to go to their hotel room after prom, and Chase, the main character, gets tot eh hotel room first, and he waits for like 40 minutes or something, and she never gets there so he got worried and went to find her, and instead found a car wreck. And then she died and I cried for a billion years.

8. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green



I don't think that I really need to go over this one, because the majority of you have read it or been spoiled for it, but I guess that I will go over it for those of you who don't know and want to know what happened. If you don't you should have probably skipped over this one already. Okay, let's make this one quick. Augustus dies.

7. Nine Minutes by Beth Flynn



This one makes me too sad to go over, so I'm not going to. Just trust me when I say that it was really, really sad.


6. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes



Since this one is so popular, I don't really expect that most people don't know what happened, but I'll go over it. Will Turmer was in an accident, and he was severely injured to the point where he has been suffering for years and has finally decided that he wanted to die. So he goes to a fancy place where they help you commit suicide. I cried for the last hundred pages of this book because I could just tell that he was not getting better, he was getting worse.

5. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart



I started crying in the middle of Social Studies because of this book,there was a test being written and  I had finished my test first, so everyone else was being quiet and writing, and then I was just trying my hardest to be quiet and start loud crying in the middle of class, but there were many tears. Anyway, the reason it was so sad was too complicated for me to sum up without giving away everything, and I just feel like reading this without knowing anything would just be better.

4. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak



Liesel lost everyone dear to her (Except Max, although she did for a while there) her biological family died, he foster family died, her best friend and his family died. Everyone just fucking died and she was left all alone and this just broke my heart. Also, I always expected her and Rudy to get together, but they never did, and she ended up giving her first kiss to his corpse.

3. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness



This is the book that I made this list in honour of. I was reading this in the car on the way, and I started crying, but I tried to stifle it quickly, because despite the about of times that I have cried in public, I really don't like crying in front of people. The main character was just so alone, he had to juggle not really being cared for by his father, losing his mother, and then having to adjust to his eventual new life with his grandmother.

2. The Green Mile by Stephen King



I cried so long, I cried at three different points in the book. 1. When John Coffey talked about how those two 9 year old twin girls where raped and killed, because the killer used their love for one another against them, saying that if one of them made a sound, he would hurt the other. 2. When John Coffey died. 3. When Paul talked about Janice's death. 


1. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher



This book was just plain heartbreaking. It's a book about a girl who committed suicide, and they are 13 reasons why she did it. I finished this book when I was camping and had to go off into the forest so that I could have my panic attack in peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment