Thursday 18 August 2016

Goodreads Book Tag

I almost never do book tags, which is a shame since I actually really love doing book tags. Well, I'm doing one today, and hopefully I will do more in the future because that's always fun. Also, if you have no idea what Goodreads is, you should really check it out, I'll leave a link here.





1. WHAT WAS THE LAST BOOK YOU MARKED AS ‘READ’?



The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan. I finished this book a couple days ago, I'm kind of behind on my reviews, but I swear I will have it done either by the end of today or tomorrow, I swear.

2. WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?



The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater. I recently read the Raven Boys and I really wanted to continue on as soon as possible. So far so good.  

3. WHAT WAS THE LAST BOOK YOU MARKED AS ‘TO READ’?



The Dream Dancer by Leslie Hachtel. It just sounds really cool, a historical fiction crossed with a sort of paranormal twist.

5. DO YOU USE THE STAR RATING SYSTEM?



Obviously...

6. ARE YOU DOING A 2016 READING CHALLENGE?

Of course I am. 200 books. I had to lower it from the 300 I had it at last year, because I realized that I do in fact have a life. I'm sorry, this list has high sass levels apparently.

7. DO YOU HAVE A WISHLIST?

My TBR is pretty much just my wishlist. If it's on there I probably want it.

8. WHAT BOOK DO YOU PLAN TO BUY NEXT?



I really want to get Chasing Impossible by Katie Mcgarry, I've been meaning to get it for so long, but I just keep forgetting to get it. Definitely next time.


9. DO YOU HAVE ANY FAVORITE QUOTES, WOULD YOU LIKE TO SHARE A FEW?

Why, of course I would. 😉
“Of course you can have a true Shadowhunter name," Will said. "You can have mine."Tessa stared at him, all black and white against the black-and-white snow and stone. "Your name?"Will took a step toward her, till they stood face-to-face. Then he reached to take her hand and slid off her glove, which he put into his pocket. He held her bare hand in his, his fingers curved around hers. His hand was warm and callused, and his touch made her shiver. His eyes were steady and blue; they were everything that Will was: true and tender, sharp and witty, loving and kind. "Marry me," he said. "Marry me, Tess. Marry me and be called Tessa Herondale. Or be Tessa Gray, or be whatever you wish to call yourself, but marry me and stay with me and never leave me, for I cannot bear another day of my life to go by that does not have you in it.” 

“Wow," Thalia muttered. "Apollo is hot."
"He's the sun god," I said. "That's not what I meant.”  

“I did not make a pie,” Alec repeated, gesturing expressively with one hand, “for three reasons. One, because I do not have any pie ingredients. Two, because I don’t actually know how to make a pie.” He paused, clearly waiting. Removing his sword and leaning it against the cave wall, Jace said warily, “And three?” “Because I am not your bitch,” Alec said, clearly pleased with himself.” 
“We accept the love we think we deserve.”  

“Ah,” said a voice from the doorway, “having your annual ‘everyone thinks Will is a lunatic’ meeting, are you?
“It’s biannual,” said Jem. “And no, this is not that meeting.”

Okay I might have gone a tad overboard, but I couldn't decide which one I loved more. Also, I may or may not be sorry that three out of four of these quotes are Cassandra Clare.

No comments:

Post a Comment