Wednesday 5 May 2021

The Nope Book Tag


This tag was created by The Farah Project over on Youtube. I need to do a big spoiler warning because honestly, I will be talking about things that happened during these books.


1. NOPE. Ending: A book ending that made you go NOPE either in denial, rage, or simply because the ending was crappy. 



The Beginning of Everything. That ending made me so mad. It felt like we were leading up to this big conclusion that would hopefully have a brightside to it. Nope. No brightside in sight. Spoiler alert, but the main character's dog fucking died and then he found out that his girlfriends brother died while hitting HIM with a car. She then breaks up with him because she feels guilty. That was the most garbage ending I've ever read and he didn't deserve all that bullshit. He was a pretty good main character.


2. NOPE. Protagonist: A main character you dislike and drives you crazy. 




Zoey Redbird from Marked. She had a fucking god complex. She just acted so holier than thou and acted like she was so much better than everyone else. She looked down on others, but she would do exactly the same thing, sometimes worse. She basically thought Aphrodite was such a huge slut for almost giving her ex boyfriend a bj but then Zoey turned around and fucking cheated on her boyfriend. Like, one of those isn't even bad.


3. NOPE. Series: A series that turned out to be one huge pile of NOPE. after you’ve invested all of that time and energy on it, or a series you gave up on because it wasn’t worth it anymore. 



Divergent. I was reading it because it was "the next Hunger Games". It wasn't as good. I would go so far as to say it was very bad.


4. NOPE. Popular pairing: A “ship” you don’t support.



Lara Jean and John Ambrose. They seem like good friends, but everyone wants them to be together and I just don't see why. I like them as friends and I never wanted them to be anything more than friends.


5. NOPE. Plot twist: A plot twist you didn’t see coming or didn’t like. 



Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Finding out that she was just living her second life. She never bothered to question anything, never bothered to wonder how she got where she was. This plot twist did nothing for me. Finding out she had a past life just left me like, "Okay. So?".


6. NOPE. Protagonist action/decision: A character decision that made you shake your head NOPE. 




In Magic Lessons when Maria gave her daughter to the evil bitch. I hate dramatic irony. Just knowing that that woman was evil the whole time and then just watching as Maria probably makes the biggest mistake of her life was so frustrating.


7. NOPE. Genre: A genre you will never read.


Non-fiction science books. I'm not a science person. I find it boring. Unless it's something I'm very specifically interested in then I don't want to read it. I'm pretty open to most things, it's just that when it comes to non fiction I won't read it unless I either A. have to for school or B. am really interested in the subject.


8. NOPE. Book format: Book formatting you hate and avoid buying until it comes out in a different edition


Mass Market Paperbacks. Whoever created Mass Market Paperbacks deserves to be shot. 


9. NOPE. Trope: A trope that makes you go NOPE. 


Love triangles unless they are genuine love triangles. I want to see all the characters being into each other and not knowing how to choose. I don't want just one person being an asshole and not picking. I hate it.


10. NOPE. Recommendation: A book recommendation that is constantly hyped and pushed at you that you simply refuse to read. 




Winter. My dumbass kept reading these books until I finally got to the last book and came to the realization that I don't have to read shit. Everyone loves this series and I do not. I will not waste my time reading this book because I know I won't like it.


11. NOPE. Cliche/pet peeve: A cliche or writing pet peeve that always makes you roll your eyes.


Girls just hating each other because they are into the same guy. Bruh, I am a girls girl. I will get drunk at a party and befriend every girl there. It makes me so mad when a character just hates every other female character. Obviously, people have genuine people they don't like but just making it every other girl they encounter that may show interest in the guy they are interested in is just gross.


12. NOPE. Love interest: The love interest that’s not worthy of being one. A character you don’t think should have been a viable love interest.



Where do I even start. There are so many that I'm just going to give a type and an example. Broody controlling assholes. Case in point: Tamlin from ACOTAR. In the first book, I was along for the ride, but it wasn't until I read the next book and saw the difference between how Tamlin treated Feyre and how Rhys treated Feyre that I came to the realization that I strongly dislike characters like him. Even if you are a broody asshole and your significant other is okay with that, I will tolerate it if they aren't completely controlling. It's actually pretty charming when there's that broody asshole, but he actually cares about what you have to say and what you want. 


13. NOPE. Book: A book that shouldn’t have existed that made you say NOPE. 



Daughter of Darkness. I won't say any more than that. That book is a monstrosity.


14. NOPE. Villain: A scary villain/antagonist you would hate to cross and would make you run in the opposite direction.


I kind of have a thing for villains so this one is kind of hard for me. I guess Hitler? I've read some WWII books. Yeah, I'm gonna go with Hitler.

 

15. NOPE. Death: A character death that still haunts you.



How will I choose just one? I'm gonna go with Will Herondale. I know he died from old age, but still, what the fuck. Every time I read Clockwork Princess I just think about the fact that He's dead and Tessa is immortal and she has to live out the rest of her very long life without him. Just writing this has me tearing up. 


16. NOPE. Author: An author you had a bad experience reading for and have decided to quit.


Tie between Karina Halle and Ker Dukey. Karina Halle's books just are not my style. I never bonded with these main characters that she writes so I just refuse to read any more of her books. As for Ker Dukey, I thought I liked darker romances, but hers just got way too dark for me. I can't handle them. I had to stop reading them for my own sanity. 



Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!

Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment