Tuesday 27 September 2016

Top 10 Book Adaptations

These can be either movies or tv shows. I left it open to both because honestly there really aren't that many tv shows based on books, and I decided to make this a list for books that I've read only, just so that I can rate it well.

10. Harry Potter Franchise



So the movies were not exactly on par with the books, but they had a lot of the stuff in there, I loved the cast, and even though they missed a large chunk of stuff *cough cough* Order of the Phoenix, I still really enjoyed watching them, and I do watch them often.

9. Safe Haven



I've seen quite a few Nicolas Sparks movie adaptations, but Safe Haven happens to be the only book by him that I have in fact read. I loved the movie, personally I liked it more than the book. It was exciting and romantic. Had a little bit of a thriller aspect, not really, but it had some action in it.

8. The Perks of Being a Wallflower



I loved both the book and the movie of this. I was first attracted to this movie because it has both Logan Lerman and Emma WATSON!!!!!! Meaning I loved the hell out of that movie.

7. Pretty Little Liars



I have been watching this show since it was in the beginning of the third season. I've loved every second of this show, I've had all my ships and some have sailed while others sank. I still love it. Now the books, a whole other story. I didn't like them at all, I read about 3 of them and finally decided to call it quits.

6. Peter Pan



I love anything that is Peter Pan related, but my personal favourite is the live action movie with Jeremy Sumpter. He was childhood crush. I felt like the movie expanded a lot more on the world and the characters just because the book was really short.

5. The Shining



Okay, so the book and the movie are way different, but they are both iconic. I really enjoyed both of them. I have my fingers crossed that they will decide to also make the sequel into a movie because I love Doctor Sleep so much and I want to see it on the big screen.

4. Practical Magic



You know that movie with Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman? About the witches and the murder? It's fabulous. I loved both the movie and the book. They are honestly entertaining in such different ways and they both have special places in my heart.

3. Game of Thrones



I read the first book so I'm counting this. I've heard that after the first book the show goes off a bit on it's own, but from what I could tell in the first book, it was pretty accurate. Either way Game of Thrones is one of my favourite shows of all time so it not being on this list would have been a crime against humanity.

2. The Vampire Diaries



I may be one of the rare humans that have in fact read the books, I only have on left of the quartet and then I'm done. So the Vampire Diaries was the first "Teenager" show I ever watched. I went from watching Disney all day everyday to mixing it up a little bit. I'm so glad I did because I still love the show to this day.

1. Catching Fire



This may be the best book to movie adaptation ever in existence. I mean, there were actual lines from the book in the movie!!!! I was so excited. Finicky was played perfectly, thank you Sam Clafflin. Over all i felt everything I was supposed to and I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment