Thursday 12 April 2018

Furyborn Spoiler Free Review



Furyborn (Empirium, #1)
Furyborn
by Claire Legrand




Release Date: May 22nd, 2018


Synopsis:



Follows two fiercely independent young women, centuries apart, who hold the power to save their world...or doom it.

When assassins ambush her best friend, the crown prince, Rielle Dardenne risks everything to save him, exposing her ability to perform all seven kinds of elemental magic. The only people who should possess this extraordinary power are a pair of prophesied queens: a queen of light and salvation and a queen of blood and destruction. To prove she is the Sun Queen, Rielle must endure seven trials to test her magic. If she fails, she will be executed...unless the trials kill her first.

A thousand years later, the legend of Queen Rielle is a mere fairy tale to bounty hunter Eliana Ferracora. When the Undying Empire conquered her kingdom, she embraced violence to keep her family alive. Now, she believes herself untouchable--until her mother vanishes without a trace, along with countless other women in their city. To find her, Eliana joins a rebel captain on a dangerous mission and discovers that the evil at the heart of the empire is more terrible than she ever imagined.


As Rielle and Eliana fight in a cosmic war that spans millennia, their stories intersect, and the shocking connections between them ultimately determine the fate of their world--and of each other. 

My Thoughts:



I received an ARC for an honest review

I gave this book 4.5 stars. This book was magical. I had a horrible migraine this morning (or several mornings ago, depending on whether or not you are reading this on my blog) and just could not sleep it off. This book distracted me from the pain of existing. It’s enough to keep you completely distracted from everything else around you. 

This book follows two queens, The Queen of Blood and the Queen of Light (or the Sun Queen). Right from the start, it was sort of obvious which queen was which just from reading the Prologue, but I don’t actually know if it was supposed to be a surprise, so I just won’t say.

We know right from the start Rielle doesn’t exactly have a happy ending to her story, but I couldn’t help but hope for the best for her and Audric every time I read about them. Rielle has some aspects that are definitely a bit super-villainy, but I just don’t think she’s that bad of a person. 

As for Eliana, she has been raised to look out for number one, her and her family. She sells out to the Empire to try and protect them, a lot of the times selling out her morals for said protection. I really felt for her. I obviously didn’t agree with a lot of things she did, but the intention was there. 

There was a part in this book where I finally started to make connections and I was so mad at myself for not realizing it sooner. It all comes back to Simon. Simon. Simon. Simon. Remember his name when you read this book. I was shooketh. 


Overall, a phenomenal fantasy novel and I couldn’t recommend it to you enough.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I've had this book on my TBR for a while, but I'm now even more pumped to read it!

    ReplyDelete