Sunday 14 January 2018

Tamsin Spoiler Free Review


Tamsin (Hart University, #3)
Tamsin
by Abigail Strom


Synopsis:


It’s junior year at Hart University, and theater major Tamsin Shay knows exactly what she’ll be doing: focusing on acting. She also knows what she won’t be doing: 

Guys. 

Daniel Bowman knows what he’ll be doing, too. Football, engineering classes, volunteer work with his church. One thing he won’t be doing: 

Girls. 

When they find themselves in a class together, the arguments begin. He’s conservative; she’s liberal. He’s traditional; she’s not. The only thing they share is their determination not to give into sexual attraction. 


What could possibly go wrong? 

My Thoughts:

I received this book through Netgalley


I gave this book 3.5 stars. It was gritty, down to earth and wasn’t a typical NA romance and I enjoyed it.

Tamsin was an incredibly quick read. Mostly because I read it while sitting in a doctors office without wifi for 3 hours. Despite the terrible circumstances, I did really like this book.

I think it did a good job of showing both sides of the story, but I did find it to be a bit biased. It seemed like the author set out to write it as this huge Liberal vs. Conservative love story, but I don’t think Daniel was that conservative. I was expecting more arguments and drama. There was a bit of both of those, but not quite as much as I would expect. I thought it would be more provoking and gritty with passion on both ends, but I felt like Daniel just wasn’t as conservative as Tamsin was Liberal. Maybe I’m reading to much into this as it is a NA romance, but I kind of wanted more.

Daniel was such a sweetheart honestly. He was willing to look at things in a different way and never slutshamed Tamsin like a lot of men fictional and real would have done. Daniel was conservative but not a shitty person and I liked how the author made that known. 

Tamsin was a great lead character. She wasn’t ashamed of her past. She decided that wasn’t who she wanted to be anymore and made those changes in her lifestyle, but she never once regretted those things she did in the past because it made her who she is and she was proud of that. Tamsin is the type of character we all need to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment