Thursday 4 January 2018

December Wrap Up


December has been my best reading month ever. So I've had a break from school for the winter, giving me lots of time for reading and I decided about halfway through the month that, since my reading was going so well, I should just read a book for every day of the month. These short reviews are going to be even shorter because I don't think I have it in me to write 31 well-written reviews. If I already have a review up I will link it

1. The Heartbreak Cure 




I gave this book 3.5 stars.  Review


2. The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue 




I gave this book 4.5 stars. This was the first audiobook I have ever listened to completion. It was so amazing and I'm so glad I decided to give audiobooks a second try because I loved this one so very much.

3. The Boys Next Door 




I gave this book 3 stars. Review

4. Twist Me




I gave this book 5 stars. This book was dark and smoldering and everything I've come to love and expect from this author.

5. Between the Blade and the Heart




I gave this book 4 stars. I am hosting a giveaway for a copy of this one! Review + Giveaway

6. All the Wrong Chords




I gave this book 2 stars. Review

7. Just a Bit Twisted




I gave this book 4 stars. It was really different and I have to say that in the best way possible. I felt it ended a bit abruptly, but I still liked it.

8. Straight Boy




I gave this book 3 stars. There was room for more, but for what it was it was pretty good.

9. Just a Bit Obsessed




I gave this book 4 stars. I can't decide if I like this as much or more than the first book. It was also very different in a good way, but I just can't decide if I like the couple more or less than the first book.

10. Keep Me 




I gave this book 4 stars. It wasn't as good as the first book, but still pretty good. Just as dark and sexy. It did have a scene in the book where I was actually ready to not read the rest of it because I was so disturbed by what was happening, but I'm glad I continued. I can also guarantee that this scene isn't what you think it is.

11. Just a Bit Unhealthy




I gave this book 4 stars. I loved this one, but I still felt like it ended too abruptly, there was a lot more that could have happened in this story and we didn't get it.

12. Wicked Beginnings




I gave this book 3.5 stars. Review

13. Hold Me 




I gave this book 5 stars. It was a finale that I could appreciate. Very well done.

14. Capture Me




I gave this book 4 stars. I didn't like seeing Nora from Yulia's point of view, it made me like her a lot less and I didn't like that. I like Nora and seeing her from this different perspective was frustrating.

15. Bind Me




I gave this book 5 stars. This series went in a different direction than what I was expecting.

16. Claim Me




I gave this book 5 stars. The love interest is a lot softer then the others this author usually writes, but I'm diggin' it.

17. Pulse 




I gave this book 5 stars. Review

18. Corded

I gave this book 3.5 stars. Wasn't as good as I was expecting, but still better than a lot of books on this list.

19. Kill Me




I gave this book 5 stars. Una is the kind of protagonist that I can get behind. She was fiery and could defend herself. I love protagonists that can protect themselves, it makes me feel more at ease.

20. Breaking Hollywood




I gave this book 4 stars. I love this author's work and she didn't disappoint with this one!

21. This is Not a Love Letter




I gave this book 4 stars. Review

22. Kiss Me




I gave this book 5 stars. They are such a power couple. I think anyone would love this duology. 

23. Heartborn




I gave this book 3 stars. It was taxing and the payoff wasn't that great.

24. Kane's Mate




I gave this book 3 stars. Better than a lot of sleazy romance novels out there.

25. Tangled in Sin




I gave this book 3 stars. It was okay. I didn't hate it, but it didn't give me exactly what I expected or wanted out of the book. 

26. Rane's Mate




I gave this book 2 stars. I hoped it would be more like the first book in the series, it was not.

27. Ava's Mate




I gave this book 2 stars. Not my cup of tea.

28. The Laird's Future Bride




I gave this book 2 stars. By this point, you're probably wondering why I keep reading books by this author and then giving them 2 stars. It's because her books start off well, I even enjoy them, but they just keep dragging on. They're each only about 140 pages and yet I feel like I'm reading a thousand page novel.

29. The Ground Rules




I gave this book 4 stars. It was very taboo, made me a bit uncomfortable at times, but I surprisingly still liked it.

30. The Ground Rules Rewritten




DNF, I was spoiled for the end of the series and what I found was so upsetting to me that I couldn't even be bothered to read this second book, but I'm counting it because I wanted to read a book for every day of December.

31. Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda 




I gave this book 5 stars. I read this book so fast, honestly, I didn't know I was going to read it until I picked it up. I just sat down and devoured it. 100% would recommend.

What books did you guys read in December?

Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment