Friday 26 January 2018

Recommendations: Children's Picture Books


I wanted to do something a little fun today and I thought “What’s more fun than children’s picture books?” the answer is nothing. So I’m gonna talk about some of my favorite childhood picture books. I know this isn’t even close to my normal thing, but I do a throw-throw back? 

Anyway, if your interested in recommendations for children’s picture books (I don’t actually know why you would even look for that on my blog) then here is a post for you!

Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See?



I love that this book has a rhythm that you can read it to. It feels so smooth and fun. If you have children this would be perfect to read with them.

Love You Forever (Really Anything from Robert Munsch)



When I was a kid my mother had gotten my sister and I this huge book of Robert Munsch books and I loved it so much. If you’ve been following my blog for a while you know that as a child I absolutely hated reading, so that says a lot about me loving all of these stories. Love You Forever was definitely my favorite of the bunch, it’s iconic it even appeared on an episode of Friends.

The Cat in the Hat



This is a no-brainer. Dr. Suess is the king of children’s books.

Chester



I loved this one because of how sassy it was. Chester the cat is the reason I am such a sassy adult.

Where the Wild Things Are



This children’s book was so completely epic that there was a movie made about it. I’m honestly tempted to buy myself a copy of this book as it seems to be an all ages thing.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar




Who didn’t read this book as a child? If you didn’t your childhood is empty as it’s missing this masterpiece.

What are some of your favorite children's picture books from when you were a kid?


Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment