Tuesday 3 January 2017

Top 10 Books of 2016

There were so many good books this year! It was so hard to choose. I'll have some honourable mentions in the end though.

10. Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas


I will read anything Sarah J. Maas. This book was amazing and I had such a good time reading it, except some parts which I will probably never talk about ever.

9. The Bourbon Thief by Tiffany Reisz


I got it because of the cover, but I stayed for the content. Read it!!!!!

8. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr


Unforgettable.

7. Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake


This book has everything, a great setting, interesting plot, lovable characters, hated antagonists, and possibly a good romance. I'm still a bit on the fence about this one. Nonetheless, fantastic book.

6. The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen 


I don't even know where to start with this one. Just read it for yourself and understand.

5. Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson


It was such a good book, plus the book was really floppy so I could just place it open on a table or desk and it would sit open perfectly.

4. The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani



I had an amazing time reading this, I pretty much just devoured it in one day. Worth a read.

3. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness


This book beat out Me Before You for how much I cried for a book this year. I haven't cried that hard for a book or movie since I read the Green Mile. It's beautiful.

2. Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare


How could this possibly not make the list? I loved this book.

1. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas


I'm not going to drone on about this one because I've already sung it's praises, and honestly there is nothing new for me to say about it.

Honorable Mentions:

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Wilder by Lena North
Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier
Legend by Marie Lu
Captive Prince Trilogy by C. S. Pacat
The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
Up in Flames by Abbi Glines
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

No comments:

Post a Comment