Tuesday 31 May 2016

May Wrap Up + June TBR

I only finish 8 books this month, I'm so not counting the random smutty romances I've read because I don't want to go over those. *Shudders* Anyway, I just had a lot of school happening, plus a lot of partial rereads. It eventually added up.

1. Chloe by Sarah Brianne



I gave this book 4 stars. It is the third book in the Made Men series. I can't say much about this other than that it really gets into Chloe's background, we find out a lot more about her past. I thought it was a very necessary book to have despite it not really getting into the whole love triangle thing.

2. The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider



I gave this book 3 stars. It was just depressing. I mean, I was bored and then I was sad. There were some funny and touching moments which saved it from getting one or two stars. I wouldn't really suggest reading this.

3. The Bourbon Thief by Tiffany Reisz



I gave this book 5 stars. Guys, I can't even get into this one or I'll have to read it again. It's intense. Read it. You don't need to know anything other than it's got some adult content *wink*.

4. Seven Tears into the Sea by Terri Farley



I gave this book 4 stars. I've been meaning to read this book for like 5 years and finally I read it. It didn't quite live up to my expectations, but it was good in its own ways. I really wish there was a sequel though.

5. The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout



I gave this book 5 stars. It was exactly what I needed to read and it was classic Jennifer L Armentrout. Meaning the love was steamy, the main character goes through a lot of stuff, but comes out the other side better for it. Fantastic.

6. The Crown by Kiera Cass



I gave this book 5 stars. It was everything I needed but didn't know I needed. Since this is the last book in the series I really can't say anything other than I was very satisfied with how things ended.

7. Hollow City by Ransom Riggs



I gave this book 5 stars. Once again a sequel, can't really get into it. I loved this book a lot more than the first book. I didn't think that the first one was the best, and this one definitely topped that one.

8. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas




Finally, I gave this book 5 stars. Just finished this one. Oh my gods, best book I read this month. That's a high compliment considering all the good books I read this month. If you haven't read a Court of Thornes and Roses yet, go do that then read this immediately. Do it.

As for my June TBR I have:

1. The Book Thief



I've already started this one, so I better finish it this month

2. The Last Star



Next on my TBR. Maybe third actually, depends on my mood.

3. The Martian



I so badly want to read this, I might even bump it up to second if I get in the mood to read it. I want to read it so badly, plus I really want to see the movie.

4. A Little Life



I want to read it, but I don't know if I will be in the mood for it, so this one is just a maybe.

5. The Mark of Athena



Seriously, I need to catch up on everything. I feel like I'm missing out on this huge inside joke. I need to be let in on this secret.


Well I maybe shouldn't have that many books on my TBR because I know for a fact I'm going to read other books not on my TBR and I have finals that I need to think about. Where has the time gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment