Wednesday 27 September 2017

Top 5 Books I Discovered from Booktube/Blogs


I have to say that I get most of my book recommendations from booktube and blogs. I have for a very long time, before that it was just a completely random pick if I picked up a book and decided I liked what it said on the back. Needless to say blogs and booktube have added a lot of structure to my TBR. It was actually pretty hard to narrow it down to only five, but I think I have a pretty good list planned. For this list I couldn't decide which order to put them in so I just decided to go with the order in which I read them.

1. Obsidian




I discovered this book from the very first blog I ever read. Honestly, it's what introduced me to the idea that I could even blog in the first place. I read this blog post back in 2012 of Top 10 Book Boyfriends of 2012 and I was immediately drawn in. The blogger used quotes to sell us on it and it worked! I literally went out the very next day and bought this book because of those quotes. You can check out that post here.

2. The Secret of Ella and Micha





That very same post as above also hosted The Secret of Ella and Micha and I was instantly sold on it. I didn't read it as soon as Obsidian, but once I did I read it several times back to back because of how much I loved it.

3. Throne of Glass




Technically, I had heard about this book before booktube, but I hated the cover and thought it looked stupid so I didn't even bother to see what it was about, but then I kept hearing about it everywhere all the time and figured I should at least find out what it was about. Long story short I loved it and I've never looked back.

4. Mistborn




What booktuber hasn't raved about this book? Honestly, name one who hated this book and you get an imaginary gold star. I hadn't heard about this book before I started watching booktube and I'm honestly confused as to how I never heard of it considering it's overwhelming popularity.

5. Ready Player One




I'm almost certain I first heard about this book on Katytastic's youtube channel. She always raves about it and finally this year I finally decided to give it a go. I was not disappointed in the slightest. 

What books have you guys loved that you discovered through booktube and blogs?


Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the side bar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment