Saturday 9 September 2017

She, Myself, and I Spoiler Free Review


She, Myself, and I
She, Myself, and I
by Emma Young

Release Date: September 5th, 2017

Synopsis:


Ever since Rosa’s nerve disease rendered her quadriplegic, she’s depended on her handsome, confident older brother to be her rock and her mirror. But when a doctor from Boston chooses her to be a candidate for an experimental brain transplant, she and her family move from London in search of a miracle. Sylvia—a girl from a small town in Massachusetts—is brain dead, and her parents have agreed to donate her body to give Rosa a new life. But when Rosa wakes from surgery, she can’t help but wonder, with increasing obsession, who Sylvia was and what her life was like. Her fascination with her new body and her desire to understand Sylvia prompt a road trip based on self-discovery... and a surprising new romance. But will Rosa be able to solve the dilemma of her identity?

My Thoughts:

I gave this book 3.5 stars. This review is kinda late, I meant to finish it before the release date, but I ran out of time and this review just got pushed back. I didn't mean to, but life got in the way. Anyway, onto the actual book.

This book was so easy to read, it was such an interesting idea that I was drawn right in. There were some aspects that weren't possible, and pretty ridiculous, but it didn't deter my reading in any way. When I had the time to read it, I would read large portions of it at once, it was a bit addicting.

The authors writing style was definitely a positive, the story played out smoothly and it was easy to connect to the characters, because the author made them relatable.

I have no bad feelings about this book, it had some parts where I didn't think it was possible, but then again, a brain transplant has never actually happened so I can't say for sure, but theoretically some of the things that happened couldn't have actually happened.

Rosa was a relatable character. She was just like any other teenage girl, she just got the short straw in life and ended up with a nerve disease which made her unable to live her normal life. She had a complete identity crisis which is also completely understandable considering she was put into another persons body.

This book gave me a very calm, warm feeling. I never had any intense feelings of emotion during this book, which can be good or bad depending on whether you like books that make you have strong feelings. It wasn't the greatest book ever in existence that I will tell you that you have to read, but I think that if you like the premise, or you enjoy casual reading of the contemporary genre then you would enjoy reading this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment