Tuesday 26 July 2016

Top 10 Book Covers

This is kind of late, but where I live it is still Tuesday, so it counts.


10. I'll Give You the Sun



The cover is just so bright and inviting, it gives off some good vibes. I love the feeling of the dust jacket. It has the gritty feeling of parchment. I love it.

9. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children



Although, the picture on the cover is very nice, the beauty of this cover lies underneath the dust jacket. The book reminds me of an old library book, something that you would probably find in a historians archives. When I was reading this I just took the dust jacket off so that I could see underneath at all times.

8. My Heart and Other Black Holes 




The cover is simple and cute and I love it. And then when you take off the dust jacket, the book is black, but has a whole mess of white lines all over it with a heart in the centre. It's beautiful. The dust jacket also reminds me of parchment.

7. Tone Deaf


I love the sound waves that were added onto the cover between the two words. I also love the colour scheme. Cooler colour tones and some obscure people. That's the kind of concert I would like to go to.

6. The Problem with Forever



I love colourful things. The colours just blended together so well it definitely caught my eye. I also love the fact that each word was in a different font. 

5. Doctor Sleep


It's dark and mysterious, and even though the woman's face is on the front, it doesn't give away too much. Plus, I'm a sucker for literally anything red.

4. The Bourbon Thief



I first discovered this one on Goodreads, what drew me to it in the first place was the cover, I didn't even really know what it was about, I just added it to my To Read shelf. It has a beautiful green as the background and then this flash of red. Then there is also the words in between the title in a lovely cursive. whoever designed this cover deserves an award.

3. Copper Gauntlet



Like I said, I have a weakness for the colour red. It just has all these different shades of orange and red and gold. It is just so pleasing to the eye. Also, the spin, it's all fancy and it matches the first book. Has that beautiful Book Two, on it. 

2. Harry Potter Illustrated Edition




I don't think I really have to go over this one since it was made to be pleasing to the eye. 



1. The Queen of the Tearing


Sadly, this is not the edition I own since I got my edition as a gift, but I have admired this book from a distance, and will probably go out and by the one that I want. Anyway, this copy has this beautiful gold outlining on the cover and the spine, and everywhere. Also, the spine guys, the spine, this book looks like it should be in a castle library for the reading pleasures of an actual Queen. Also, it comes with a ribbon. A ribbon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment